EF Administrative and Finance Officer (Ref: AFO-EF-03)
|İMEP PROGRAMI (İstihdam için Mesleki Eğitim Programı)||Ankara|
Location: Turkey, Ankara
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Contract: Individual contract
Starting date: June 2021
Period of implementation: Until December 31, 2023
Expertise France (EF) is looking for an Administrative and Finance Officer to support the programme implementation, based in EF Ankara Office, with occasional travels to 12 Programme provinces where the activities will be implemented.
ABOUT EXPERTISE FRANCE
Expertise France is the French international technical cooperation agency, with a status of public institution under the joint supervision of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and the Ministries of Finance and Economy. The agency meets the expertise requirements of partner countries in the main areas of public action: democratic, economic, and financial governance; peace, stability and security; climate, agriculture and sustainable development; health and human development. Expertise France has a portfolio of over 600 projects in more than 100 countries of operation. The agency has an extensive experience with different donor organizations and is accredited by the European Union for the management of delegated community funds.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAMME
The overall objective of the İMEP-VET4JOB programme is to improve sustainable livelihoods and employment prospects for the refugees and host communities, by supporting their skills development through apprenticeship and vocational education training in line with labour market needs. In accordance with the suggested priorities in livelihoods of the refugees’ updated assessment needs, the Emergency Social Safety Net Exit (ESSN) Strategy and the current national Technical and Vocational Education and Training Strategy, the Action will focus on three specific objectives.
Specific Objective 1: Resilience of Syrian refugees and host communities strengthened through apprenticeship and vocational trainings.
Specific Objective 2: Child labour eradication efforts strengthened through apprenticeship and vocational trainings.
Specific Objective 3: Social and economic integration of Syrian refugees facilitated.
The Action’s primary focus will be on ESSN beneficiaries including other refugees and host communities, with a view to ensure social cohesion from complex sensitivity perspective in line with the Commission Implementation Decision dated 18.07.2019, under FRIT. In this regard, in terms of average ratio, Action targets to reach 60% Syrian and 40% host community participation in both apprenticeship and non-formal training. To guarantee the transformation of these skills developed in labour market integration, the Action will also support vocational guidance and career counselling services as well as start-up mentoring. With specific activities throughout the implementation period of the Programme, a special attention will be paid to gender balance and the promotion of the participation of women, prevention of child labour, language barrier and social cohesion subjects.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Under the general supervision of the Administrative and Finance Manager (AFM), the Administrative and Finance Officer’s responsibility is to ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by contributing to the accounting and financial management consistent with the EF financial management framework. Main tasks will be as follows;
- Follow-up financial transactions in line with the financial and administrative guidelines
- Provide inputs and recommendations to the AFM regarding budgets and expenditures and assist the preparation of budget revisions and follow-up;
- Assist the AFM and Procurement Officer in handling of procurement related issues
- Assist the AFM in handling of human resource-related concerns
The Administrative and Financial Officer contributes to the establishment and maintenance of efficient administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with EF administrative, human resources, procurement and financial rules and procedures. The incumbent contributes to the management of day-to-day human, financial and administrative resources of the Programme team; the procurement activities, conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, ensures that disbursements are made in accordance with the administrative budget and EF’s Financial Rules Administration and supports the implementation of programme and operational financial services.
Administration and implementation of programme and operational financial services
- Manage the day-to-day human, financial and administrative resources of the Programme team
- Provide information to the Administrative and Finance Manager on routine implementation of the Programme
- With support from each Implementing Partner, contribute to the efficient financial monitoring, reporting and production of appropriate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Help the Administrative and Finance Manager for reviewing and upgrading existing procedures
- Contribute to the monthly closure of accounts, regularly review month-end closure checklist with Administrative and Finance Manager
- Monitor costs and expenses to follow up budget, investigate any overspent and take immediate corrective action in consultation with the Administrative and Finance Manager
- Contribute to Programme budget preparation, modification and budgetary status (budget follow-up) by presenting thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources
- Keep track of appropriate and timely use of financial resources; track and report on programme and operational financial resources;
- Contribute to the procurement activities in accordance with Expertise France procurement system and within the framework of the budget
- Help in the logistics for the implementation of trainings and events in 12 provinces and at central level in Ankara;
- Contribute to following up of contracts made with the suppliers and the invoicing and payment schedule
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and EF at HQ level for requests for preparation of donor reports and review and comment on draft financial reports in conjunction with Administrative and Finance Manager
- Contribute to the preparation and follow up of Programme financial forecasts and contribute to the preparation of the Programme documents
- Perform any other finance or administrative related duties as requested by the Administrative and Finance Manager.
- Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability.
- Experience with various accounting software and multi-currency accounting
- Experience at providing support and guidance to financial and non-financial managers and colleagues
Teamwork and General Management:
- Strong communication and reporting skills in English (verbal and in writing)
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritization and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel to visit local partner organizations
- Organizational awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds and highest professional skills for teamwork
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economy, Accountancy or similar
- Experience: 3 years of experience working with an international NGO or similar organization
- Sound knowledge of international donors’ procedures (EU).
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English. Turkish is required.
- Computer skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Deadline of submission: 04th June, 2021
Applications must be made in English. Please send your applications to the following e-mail address:
with the reference to “EF Administrative and Finance Officer” and with a
- a CV, including references and
- a cover letter.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
İMEP PROGRAMI (İstihdam için Mesleki Eğitim Programı)
The final beneficiaries of the programme are Ministry of National Education (MoNE) and Confederation of Turkish Tradesmen and Craftsmen (TESK) and the contracting authority is Delegation of the European Union to Turkey (EUD).