Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities Afrin provinces and Idlib to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Afrin and Jinderes, North Syria, the Admin HR Officer is directly responsible to the Senior Admin HR Officer in Syria.
- HR Policies and Procedures
- Capacity and Career Development
- Records Management
- Administrative Support
- Other related tasks
HR Policies & Procedures
- Assist in ensuring the implementation of ODD policies for the national staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information, etc.);
- Ensures the general HR administration procedures are in place;
- Supports the line managers for any Administrative and HR issues;
- Organize HR information meetings to introduce and explain policies being implemented.
- Announce and explain amendments; regulations, policies, or procedures.
Capacity & Career Development
- Identify training and development needs within an organization through job analysis, staff appraisals and regular consultation with line managers;
- Am1lysing training needs in conjunction with line managers;
- Planning, directing and delivering staff inductions, to accomplish the organization’s goals.
- Assist in Human Resources' files and records Management;
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing/recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and employee attendance, leaves and absence.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll.
- Establish files in the computerized system;
- Ensure that updated DOD code of conduct, conditions on employment, procedure alert abuses, DDD Regulations, HR templates and policies, etc. are updated and posted on the board in the office.
- To archive hard and soft copies when needed of all admin and HR files and make sure that all documents are scanned and computerized.
- To make sure that all! needed original documents are sent to Antakya office.
- Develop report on Training and Capacity Development plan and its implementation;
- Contribute to HR monthly reporting;
- Provide regular reporting on HR activities to the Line-Manager, upon his/her solicitation;
- Contribute to Develop the HR policy regarding the context in Syria;
- Provide a mission\ report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
Other Related Tasks
- Provide assistance to any member of the HR team, if requested;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Translate verbally and written when needed.
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by DDD Management.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Education & Qualification
- A university Degree in Communication Engineering, English, Information Engineering, Economics or Business Administration
- At least two years’ experience in HR and Business Administration
Skills and qualities required
- Excellent experience in Programming (Python, Java and VBA)
- Professional Experience in MS Office (Office 365)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Required: Arabic & English (oral and written);
- Preferred: Kurdish, Turkish
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- Acil: Birincil Basamak Sağlık Hizmeti Doktoru(Urgent: PHC Doctor) HATAY
- Acil: Şoför(Urgent: Driver) HATAY
- Emergency Call: PSS Officer HATAY
- Logistics Coordinator
- Emergency Call: Gynaecologist Hatay
- Public Health Mediator Hatay
- Medical Coordinator
- Emergency Call: HR & Admin Officer Hatay
- Acil: Ebe (Urgent: Midwife) HATAY
- Accountability Officer Istanbul
- Grants Officer
- HR & Admin Officer Based in Hatay with Syria visits
- Protection Coordinator İstanbul
- MEAL Officer Antakya
- Media Officer Syria