Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities Afrin provinces and Idlib to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The purpose of this emergency recruitment is to fill human resources gap for our emergency response for recent earthquake disaster in Türkiye. Employment will be depend on donor approval. This will be a short term position, the accommodation will be provided by DDD
Due to emergency of the current situation, the candidates who are volunteer to work in the emergency field are highly encouraged.
Based in Antakya, the Logistics Officer will be directly supervised by the Base Manager.
- Field Purchase & Supply chain
- Maintenance of the DDD premises (office, warehouse clinics)
- Assets Management
- Other Responsibilities
- Participate to the local purchasing of goods for the base management, upon instruction and under the supervision of DDD Procurement procedures;
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market;
- Collecting quotations and checking prices for purchase of goods and services;
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts for local purchases correctly;
- Support the supply manager in the translation of receipts written from Turkish into English;
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items, collects the proof of delivery and proceeds to the validation of the invoices by the Admin team;
- Supervise regular check inventory levels (physical counts);
- When an order is received: check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the Log Base Officer of any problems;
- After receipt, immediately update the stock cards, recording the reference number of the receipt document;
- Inform the purchase department in case of missing or damage delivery
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible.
- Follow the equipment list. Inform coordination of equipment movement (change of user, break down…)
- Responsible for the good organization of the stock
- Insure the follow up of movement and the update of the movement plan on weekly bases
- Coordinate the movement plan with security department, inform the filed co if any change
- Organize the delivery form stock to office/health facilities
- Organize inter base movement
- Define the size of the truck/vehicle necessary for transportation
- Supervise the use of the waybill
- Supervise driver and use of log book
Maintenance of DDD Premises
- Insure that DDD premise are regularly inspected, prepare planning of maintenance
- Make sure that every asset of DDD are up and running at any time
- Reception and control of purchase done by purchase department for office/warehouse/Health facilities
- Advice program team about evolution of maintenance file
- Make the small maintenance and reparation if needed
- Follow the use of generator, AC, water pump and every vital equipment
- Coordinate with field co in order to set up priority in maintenance
- Prepare clear report about need and realization of maintenance
- Ensure all DDD assets and equipment are duly tagged and listed in the Equipment Statement database at the time of procurement;
- Supervise all transfers of equipment are timely documented and acknowledged;
- Ensure periodic assets count is done on regular intervals and inform the line manager for any discrepancies;
- Maintain a separate inventory record for low value assets and items;
- Ensure the safe custody of high value assets (Sat phones, Thuraya, VHF etc.)
- Infor coordination if there is any change in the affectation of Asset
- Collect information from Pharmacy about medical equipment
Other Related Tasks
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform DDD team on log issues;
- Report any security related issues to the Log Base Officer or the Logistic Coordinator;
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information;
- Be the operational link between logistic and program at field level;
- To perform any additional duties on instruction given by the Log Base Officer or the Logistic Coordinator.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Education & Qualification
- Bachelor degree in relevant area
- 1-3 years of experience in similar role within an NGO;
- Required: Arabic, Turkish
- Preferred: English
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.