Job Title: Emergency Response Project officer
Close Date: 26/09/2020
Job Code: VI-HR-PRF-1251
Job Type: Full Time
To manage Multi Sectoral emergency response projects in the Syrian context.
• Prepare the implementing plan according to the proposed plan of the project and the updates of the
situation inside Syria.
• Track the progress of the project activities and ensure the collecting of project indicators in regular
• Provide on-time internal status reports and external partner reports according to agreed timeframes
• Follow up the updates at the field level (displacement movements) and adapt the response according to
the field situation in coordination with all stake holders.
• Provide on-time internal reports and external reports according to agreed timeframes and following the
situation Follow up and monitor the security situation in the implementation areas.
• Provide supervision, guidance and monitoring of program staff, ensuring the timely of project plans and
• Communicate with the other support departments such as MEAL, Media and Logistic, to organize the
• Prepare and maintain the expenditures plans in line with the budget in coordination with the finance and
• Follow up the MEAL activities that related to the project in addition to reviewing the MEAL reports.
• Ensure the gender, protection and safeguarding are integrated into program design and implementation.
• Ensure the accountability mechanism is undertaken during implement all project's activities
• Commitment to the path and values of the organization (Faith in youth and volunteers, Integrity and
honesty, sacrifice and altruism, teamwork and team spirit, innovation and creativity, elegance handling
and patient dignity, responsiveness and initiative).
• Respect and apply all the PSEA and child protection principles, and show high commitment to report any
PSEA & CP action.
Note: The above mentioned key responsibilities / accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
• University degree in, Civil Engineering, or Business administration or any related fields
• Minimum of 2 years ‘experience gained Project Management programming in the Syrian context.
• Advanced level in English and fluent in Arabic.
• Advanced university degree in Economics, business administration, nutrition or related fields.
• More than three years of experience in Emergency Response programming in the Syrian context.
Core & Managerial Competencies & Technical
• Planning and Organizing
• Commitment to Continuous Leading
• Stakeholders Orientation
• Technological Awareness
• Empowering Others
• Building Trust
• Managing Performance
• Wide knowledge in Managing Multi Sectoral Emergency Reponses Projects.
• Good experience in Cash Based Program.
• Strong analytical and writing skills. Experience of proposal writing, log frame development and donor
• Excellent program experience in complex emergency contexts, with excellent planning according to
the complex context.
• Experience in program monitoring, coordination and information management.
• Wide knowledge in Managing Multi Sectoral Projects,
• Excellent written and spoken skills in English
• Ability to solve problems especially through supporting the field team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV in English by the link:
Child safeguarding, Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment
Violet organization employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Violet.
Everyone who works with Violet Org. committed to ensuring a child-safe environment. Violet Org. is committed to devising and implementing policies so that everyone is in the organization offices and projects accepts their responsibilities to safeguard children from harm and abuse. This means to follow procedures to protect children and report
Violet Organization (Menekşe Organizasyon)
The first office was established in the city of Idlib, and then was moved to the neighboring countryside. The work expanded to include the entire province of Idlib and other provinces. Violet Organization has worked so far in six provinces (Idlib, Aleppo, Hama, Damascus, Latakia, and Homs) in the areas controlled by opposing forces. Violet also established three camps for Syrian refugees near the Turkish border in Idlib province, Harem district in Salqin sub-district. According to the United Nations’ classification, these camps are considered organized and meet the minimum standards for camps.
Violet responds to emergencies in Syria in most humanitarian sectors: Food Security and Livelihood, Non-food Items and Shelter, Education, Health, and Camp Coordination and Management.
Violet integrates the protection sector in all the aforementioned sectors. With the length of the conflict and the survival of people for long periods at stake, Violet’s response has had to not only be focused on emergency response, but on the immediate implementation of long-impact health and education sector projects in all of Idlib.
Violet worked to establish and develop its organizational structure to start officially as an organization registered in Turkey in 2014. Accordingly, Violet divided the work into key sectors that mimic the divisions of international humanitarian organizations and implemented the appropriate structure for all departments and staff