Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised $2 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, ensuring that they are able to survive, learn and be protected whatever their circumstances, including in times of humanitarian crisis.
2016 is a time of change and growth at Save the Children. As part of our new strategic plan ‘Every Last Child’, we have made it a global priority to build humanitarian, advocacy and campaigning capability, to become truly global – driving stronger and more diversified funding, and to maximise the use of our knowledge, systems, capacity and culture. We are doing whatever it takes to reach the world’s most excluded children. With your help we can ensure the world puts children first, and that we can tackle the barriers that prevent them from surviving and thriving. We won’t stop until every last child survives and fulfils their potential.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: HR&Admin Manager,
Staff directly reporting to this post: Driver, cleaner, Admin Intern
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
To be accountable for the Istanbul office administration functions and oversee the well-functioning of the Office through provision of efficient and proactive support, and implement robust administration processes and practices to ensure legal compliance and ensure that these facilities operate to the required standard;
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· University Degree qualification in Business Administration
· Minimum 3 years administration experience in large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
· Strong planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
· Experience in dealing with Immigration and other government bodies
· Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of administration and ensuring the most effective support ;
· High level of maturity, and strong people management skills, with experience in a multicultural and diverse team;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Complying with and promoting all Save the Children Global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety.
· Experience in administration support provision within an emergency response or highly dynamic environment
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position that you are applying on the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on November 13rd 2017 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
- Sector Civil Society