Terms of Reference
Administration and Finance Coordinator
Post Title: Administration and Finance Coordinator
Duty station: Gaziantep (Turkey)
Duration of assignment: 1 year
Expertise France is the French international technical expertise agency.
Its goal is to respond to the growing needs of developing or emerging countries and assist their institutions in developing efficient and sustainable public policies in the fields of Economic Development, Public Finance, Governance and Human Rights, Stability, Safety and Security, Social Protection, Sustainable Development and Health.
Under the joint tutelage of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy, Expertise France develops its actions within the framework of French foreign policy in the areas of development, solidarity, and influence. The agency holds a portfolio of more than 300 projects in over 80 countries, manages an annual turnover above €130 million and has implemented 50,000 working days in 2014.
Context of the assignment:
The Syrian conflict is having a devastating and lasting impact on Syria and across the region. Initially peaceful protests that erupted in Syria in March 2011 against the Government of Bashar al-Assad have turned into an internal armed conflict. With the conflict in its fifth year, the needs of the affected populations for assistance, including 7.5 million displaced people inside the country due to violence and more than 4 million refugees plus their overstretched host communities in neighboring countries, are of an unprecedented scale.
European partners entrusted Expertise France to implement different programmes in order to respond quickly to the needs of the Syrian population in a way that is conducive to local governance, early recovery and stabilization, by directly engaging with reliable partners inside Syria to deliver basic services to the population.
In the framework of its Programme, Expertise France (EF) wants to recruit an Administrative/finance Coordinator. The position of the Admin/Finance Coordinator’s responsibility is to ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the EF financial management framework and local legislation.
The Administrative/Finance Coordinator establishes and maintains efficient administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with EF and administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures. The incumbent manages the day to day human, financial and administrative resources of the office; conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, proposes the administrative budgets of the office with the support of the Administrative and Finance Officer, ensuring that disbursements are in accordance with the administrative budget and EF’s Financial Rules Administration and implementation of program and operational financial services.
Duties and responsabilities
- Administration and implementation of program and operational financial services
- In link with the HQ, organise and supervise the development of the financial system of the office and the projects implemented by Expertise France
- With support from the Admin/Finance Officers, ensure efficient financial monitoring and reporting both in the EF Gaziantep Office and implementing partners (including monitoring expenses and revenues, reviewing and upgrading existing procedures, and ensuring production of appropriate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders). –
- Advise the Head of Mission (HoM)on major financial issues which arise and which are outside the agreed boundaries of management authority and delegations
- Monitor and implement an effective and proper functioning of the financial resources management system for office and programmatic budgets and resources;
- Manage the financial business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in finance, in consultation with the HoM;
- Monitor the financial status and implement control mechanisms for management and development projects and keep stakeholders and clients informed for timely actions/decisions;
- Regularly review with Admin/Finance Officers and Project managers, in line with Month-end Closure Checklist, the Project Delivery Status Reports and investigate any overspend and take immediate corrective action;
- Contribute to office budget planning and preparation by presenting thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources ;
- Prepare and maintain program financial and cash flow forecasts and contribute to the preparation of the Program Document.
- Assist Programme/Project Managers to ensure project Budgets are correctly and timely
- With the project managers and administrative/finance officer provide information/guidance to the implementing partners on routine implementation of projects. Keep track of the appropriate and timely use of financial resources;
- Implement control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications and budgetary status. Track and report on program and operational financial resources;
- Ensure that all financial records and accounts are compiled in a timely and accurate manner and in line with international accounting standards and donor regulations.
- Follow up on the implementation of internal and external audit findings and their reporting.
- Liaise with EF at HQ level and its Finance Section for requests for preparation of donor reports and review and comment on draft financial reports in conjunction with project managers;
- Administrative & HR Management
- Implement, review and develop administrative procedures in line with organisational requirements.
- Supervision and line manager of finance and administration responsible staff, achieved primarily through effective mentoring, sharing of skills and lessons learnt, capacity development and compliance with EFstandards. –
- Manage the relationship with Admin/finance officers and Log Officer
- Preparing and informing and other management colleagues especially concerning Turkish Labour Laws, national Terms and Conditions of Employment, remuneration and disciplinary processes.
- Staff Management&Capacity Building
- Develop the capacity of the local finance team in the field offices to ensure that a good standard of financial management is maintained.
- Develop a second layer of staff who can provide cover and/ or fill the gap whenever any position is vacant in the finance team.
Coach and mentor finance staff who have potential to rise to more senior level positions in the organization
- Provide sound logistics advice to the HoM and other management colleagues especially concerning procurement procedures, rules and regulations. –
- Provide procedure supervision of all logistics staffs –
- Monitor procurements process paying particular attention to the requests for quotation, preferred suppliers, purchase order distribution and receipt inspection procedures –
- The individual will also perform any other finance or administrative related duties as requested by the Head of Mission.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Master in Business Administration, Accountancy or similar. CPA, ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage.
Experience: At least 4 years of experience in similar capacity with well-developed skills in financial management, supervision and capacity building. INGOs experience is an added advantage.
Sound knowledge of International donors procedures (DFID, EU)
- Experience in developing staff capacity technically and management
- Experience managing large and multi-donor programme budgets
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Turkish
Arabic is an asset
Computer skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of database packages
Skills and competencies:
- Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability. Experience with various accounting software and multi-currency accounting.
- Experience in providing support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial managers and colleagues. –
- Strong communication and reporting skills in both English (verbal and in writing).
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills. –
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote areas to visit local partner organizations. –
- A working knowledge of an ethnic minority language is desirable. –
- Experience of working in cross-cultural, insecure or complex environments (occasional field monitoring visits) would be an advantage.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Sector Civil Society
- Highest Degree Master
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), English (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)