CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO: IRC4620
Issued on: 11 September 2017
Deadline For Application: 19 October 2017
JOB TITLE: Agricultural Extension and Policy Specialist TYPE OF CONTRACT: PSA.NAT
DUTY STATION: Ankara, Turkey (with travel to provinces)
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: FAO Representation in Turkey DURATION: 140 days (WAE) until 30 June
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Organizational Setting FAO Turkey is implementing a TCP project on ‘Strengthening Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services’. The implementing partner of the project is the Ministry of Food Agriculture and Livestock of Turkey. The project aims to strengthen the national extension system to be able to provide effective advisory support to women and men farmers and rural communities, and to contribute to increased productivity and food security.
Reporting Lines Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Turkey, the technical supervision of the Agricultural Officer of the Plant Production and Protection Division (AGP) and FAO-SEC Programme Officer (LTO), in close coordination with the national counterparts and the national project coordinator (NPC).
Technical Focus Agricultural extension and advisory services
Tasks and responsibilities
– Organize the inception workshop in consultation with the NPC and national counterparts;
– Review the work plan of the project and suggest necessary modifications based on inception workshop recommendations;
– Prepare a handbook and guidelines for the project to be shared with all stakeholders;
– Develop methodology and tools for a rapid needs assessment on women-centred agricultural extension in consultation with the international consultant and a Gender specialist
– Develop gender-sensitive methods and approaches for agricultural extension in Turkey based on FAO
methodological tools and technical guidance;
– Review and analyse current national extension system, by conduct a SWOT analysis;
– Organize consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders (including women’ groups and gender expertise) in
developing a national extension strategy;
– Draft a national agricultural extension strategy for Turkey, sensitive to the needs of disadvantaged groups, including women and youth;
– Coordinate with the Provincial Directorate of MFAL in establishing stakeholder advisory groups and women
advisory groups in the selected provinces;
– Participate as a resource person in ToT for extension personnel;
– Develop messages on agricultural extension to be disseminated through information communication technology;
– Contribute to implementing ToT for extension personnel on information communication technology;
– Any other related activities.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Agricultural Extension, rural development and related discipline
- At least of 15 years of the experience in the field of agricultural extension, advisory services and rural development;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Relevant knowledge in analysing agricultural extension system an designing extension services for different target groups in rural areas
- Working knowledge of Turkish and English
Other: National of the country of assignment
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and
- All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations
(LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Sector EU Experts / Project Team