Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised $2 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, ensuring that they are able to survive, learn and be protected whatever their circumstances, including in times of humanitarian crisis.
As part of our strategic plan to reach ‘Every Last Child’, we have made it a global priority to build humanitarian, advocacy and campaigning capability, to become truly global – driving stronger and more diversified funding, and to maximise the use of our knowledge, systems, capacity and culture. We are doing whatever it takes to reach the world’s most excluded children. With your help we can ensure the world puts children first, and that we can tackle the barriers that prevent them from surviving and thriving. We won’t stop until every last child survives and fulfils their potential.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have contact with or access to children or young people
Responsible for preparing budgets, codes, uploading budgets to FIS, BvAs, donor financial reports, cost allocations and reconciliation in FIS (Agresso). This role will report to and support Financial Planning and Reporting Coordinator in ensuring full recovery of shared costs in proposal budgets, include shared costs and Budget vs Actuals, managing non-thematic and cross thematic costs and managing the forecast process and uploading phased budgets in FIS (Agresso). This role will also support in organizing portfolio level and project level meetings to review and discuss financial reports.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Dimension of Role:
Save the Children is one of largest INGO working across globe in 120 countries for improving lives of the children. SC is implementing a large scale program for Syrian children and families in North West Syrian and inside Turkey from its office located in Turkey. SC started its programs for Syrian children and families in 2013 and program is funded by variety of international donors including ECHO, EC, DFID, UN Agencies and other donors.
Due to the complex ongoing emergency inside Syrian and challenges in accessing the area, this is a challenging role and requires a dedicated, experienced and highly motivated individual who can manage the difficulties of remote management and fluid emergency environment.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supports the Finance Coordinator Budgeting & Reporting in consolidating, maintaining and updating the Non-thematic and cross-thematic funding allocation schedule for country programme for fair allocation of support cost across the funding source.
- Assist Finance Coordinator Budgeting & Reporting in proposal budget preparation and modifications by reviewing and advising on proposed costs and justifications to make sure that the proposed budget is reasonable and realistic for the project needs, ensure full recovery of shared costs and is complaint per internal and external policies.
- Assist in preparation of Master Budget and Forecasts
- Create/update reporting analysis codes (DEAs) and uploaded budgets to FIS (Agresso)
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for the donors and monthly Budget vs Actual if assigned.
- Reconciles all the country donor financial reports with the FIS before submission to donors/members ensuring they match with data in FIS.
- Support finance operations team in proper allocation of expenses to grants and maintenance of financial models to track the budget, expenses, and variances.
- Prepare and process journal transactions wherever necessary.
- Supports recharging process of inter-country expenses from control accounts to awards when assigned.
- Prepare staffing costs allocation to awards/holding codes and monthly share costs allocation in line with SCI policies and procedures.
- Supporting project audits.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure relevant documents of Gift in Kind are available and GIK is recorded in accounts books in time with all the supporting documents.
- Perform any other duties and tasks, which are commensurate with the responsibilities and level of the post
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting qualification and/or relevant experience in the field.
- At least three years of finance/accounting/audit experience is required.
- Experience with management information systems and strong excel skills.
- Turkish and English language is required.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills and ability to prioritise workload, anticipate requirements, work to tight deadlines and communicate decisions on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate in a changing environment: adaptable, flexible and supportive approach.
- Strong computer skills, especially on Accounting packages.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Willingness to travel to field offices occasionally
- INGO experience in finance is highly desirable.
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Annual leave
- Inhouse Medical Facility, Accidental and Life insurance.
- Transportation allowance
- A motivating work environment
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the position that you are applying on the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on July 24th 2018 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time).
Please kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and interviews will be held on rolling basis.
- Sector Civil Society