CASE MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL MANAGER
AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011, and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Hatay, Kilis, Sanliurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
AAR Japan is looking for CASE MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL MANAGER who will be positioned in Istanbul, Sanliurfa or Mardin at AAR’s Offices, based office will be determined according to the priorities and conditions both AAR Japan and candidate.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in social work/case management, preferably in the refugee/IDP context
- Minimum 2 years in management positions in the humanitarian and/or NGO sector
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing case management and/or protection programs, also including field assessment and monitoring and evaluation, in addition to developing program guidelines and SOPs
- Demonstrated experience and skills in capacity-building and trainings on case management in line with established inter-agency guidelines and minimum standards
- Demonstrated experience and skills in supervision of frontline staff
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with state social services system in Turkey. Specifically for vulnerable women, children at risk and people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Native Turkish language proficiency
- Fluent English in speaking, reading and writing
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment sometimes under extreme pressure
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology or sociology,
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project proposal writing for international donors, esp. UN agencies
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and implementing case management services for children at risk (child protection) and people with disabilities
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and implementing protection monitoring programs,
- Basic knowledge in Arabic
- Support AAR SMT in strategy development including the development of high quality proposals and associated budgets,
- Support AAR SMT in developing, implementing, and maintaining the direct Case Management Programme activities, and ensuring the integration of protection principles and elements into all activities. This also includes coordination and programme planning of field activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance with international and national laws, conventions, policies and procedures regarding the Refugee Programme of AAR Japan, especially its Case Management Programme,
- Develop, implement, and maintain Case Management Programme to facilitate the use of appropriate resources and services, ensure that the program activities are consistent and in link with the needs of the population of concern,
- Ensure technical integrity of Case Management Programme through case committee decision-making and within the case management cycle, including on-demand task assistance,
- Develop staff capacity in Case Management in the context of refugees/displaced persons, including interventions and best-practices on Case Management for vulnerable and at-risk persons of concern, especially children at risk and people with disabilities,
- Support AAR SMT in the recruitment of Case Management staff, including drafting of job descriptions and conducting of technical and competency based interviews and test,
- Monitor and evaluate Case Management programme ensuring quality of services and protection mainstreaming, regular reviewing of process and practices, and in appraising the performance of Case Management staff,
- Develop, maintain and improve constructive coordination, including referral pathways, with various stakeholders and service providers, including the Government, Local Authorities, UN and NGOs, and represent AAR Japan in various fora,
Start day: As soon as possible
Work location: Istanbul, Sanliurfa or Mardin at AAR’s Offices with occasional business trips inside Turkey, based office will be determined according to the priorities and conditions both AAR Japan and candidate.
Condition: Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Contract : 6 Months contract ( Extendable )
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter explaining your salary expectation indicating the position in the subject line of the email. The email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org account before end of the day 29th of September 2017.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Position Case Management Officer
- Highest Degree Master
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (B1, Level 3, Pre-Intermediate )