International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Center Coordinator according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children. (For more information www.ibc.org.tr)
Position: Center Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year, Full Time ( with probable extension)
Location: İstanbul – Küçükçekmece
Nationality : Only Turkish Nationals
- Under direct supervision of HQ Programme Coordinator, overall coordination of all community Youth Development Center activities, and ensuring proper and consistent implementation of main aims; knowledge and awareness of rights and basic services, vocational trainings, protection services and language courses.
- Responsible for the day to day implementation of the center trainings including outside events.
- Coordinate all activities with local government authorities, institutions and funding organization. Establish and maintain good relations with key government stakeholders.
- Coordinate and supervise the staff of Youth Development Center and outsource trainers,
- Seek community input on the type and timing of activities to be held at the Youth Development Center
- Ensure that Youth Development Center provide and consistently maintain a safe environment for all project participants and beneficiaries
- In consistent with the M&E tools and project targets, ensure smooth and effective registration and orientation of beneficiaries with relevant data collection.
- Ensure that effective accountability and feedback mechanisms
- Weekly and monthly report of ongoing process, needs and assessments of the Center to Program Coordinator
- University degree in related field (e.g. business administration, public administration, sociology, psychology, public relations, communications etc…)
- Knowledge and experience about youth activities
- At least two years’ work experience in business or NGO administration, preferably experience managing community centers for refugee populations.
- Experience in supervising a team is required
- At least one year of experience working in emergency, development or recovery program context required
- Strong organization skills and strict deadline follow-ups.
- Demonstrated experience organizing community events and services across a range of technical sectors
- Ability to maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude while being a pro-active problem solver.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support local Syrian and Turkish partners.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with Turkish government officials.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, tools, and methods.
- Demonstrated experience designing and facilitating trainings
- Experience in staff development preferred.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage programming databases preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written English is a must.
- Arabic knowledge is preferred.
In this position, candidates are expected to demonstrate competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values
This position is opeded to Turkish Nationals only. Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and cover letter to hr@ibc. org.tr by 4 April 2018, 17:00 p.m. local hour.
Please, make sure to put the Job Title “ Center Coordinator- Küçükçekmece” in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered.
The application without cover letter and received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview.
The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
- Sector Civil Society