Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR Japan) is an international humanitarian organization that helps people in need in over 15 countries. We began our emergency relief operation in response to the Syrian crisis in October 2012. AAR Japan is looking for Child Animator based in Child Friendly Space who will be positioned in Mardin, Turkey.
Child Animator based in Child Friendly Space
- Running creational, imaginative, manipulative and communication activities for children at CFS
- Visual identification of child protection cases
- Play a vital role in setting up and running recreational activities for children using various individual and team games, and storytelling enabling access to information, child protection messages.
- Ensure that all games and equipment are accounted for and stored securely at the end of the day
- Daily attendance sheets and reports to be submitted to line manager
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with children
- Minimum 1 years professional experience in the humanitarian sector
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in the refugee protection sector
- Kurdish and/or Arabic is a MUST
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with children
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment sometimes under extreme pressure
- Demonstrated experience and skills in social work and/or community mobilization
- Familiarity with the local refugee context in Mardin
- Turkish and/or English languages are assets
- Start day: As Soon As Possible
- Work location: Mardin
- Condition: Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English and/or Arabic CV and a cover letter explaining your salary expectation to email@example.com by 27th October, 2017.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Kurdish (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)