Job Purpose/Main Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Compliance Manager. The Legal and Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all functions of Syria Relief Turkey/Syria including its partners are fully compliant with Syria Relief, Turkish Rules and Regulations and donor policies and procedures through regular audits and reviews. In particular, these audits and reviews will assess the system of internal controls are adequate and effective and identify improvements across all departments. Providing support for the legal and compliance department including working with legal documents, assisting with compliance activities, corporate governance and entity maintenance. This position is accountable for meeting deadlines and effectively executing work product under significant deadline pressure.
- BA in Finance / Accounting or equivalent professional qualification.
- 2 years of related experience, previous INGO/NGO experience is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English and Turkish languages skills (spoken and written). Turkish and English language are an asset. Arabic language is an advantage.
- Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel locally, if necessary.
- Ability to learn new systems and IT software (QuickBooks) quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly.
- Organized and flexible, ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Deal with Local Authorities in Turkey.
- Write report about all official visits and follow legal cases with support departments.
- Day to day accounting registration on project basis method in line with Turkish Accounting Regulations with coding system.
- Supports departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
- Provides administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of compliance auditors.
- Checking all accounting/logistic/HR supporting documents and complete them if missed any document.
- Under the direction of the Compliance Manager, review the extent to which those internal policies, rules and guidelines are complied with, including conducting walk-throughs and tests that systematically assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures and donor regulations.
- To stay informed of and ensure adherence to the policies and procedures of Syria Relief, Turkish Rules and Regulations and its donors in relation to Logistics, Finance, HR and Program.
- To conduct regular audits and reviews across all departments; assess and ensure their compliance with Syria Relief, Turkish Rules and Regulations and donor policies and procedures; produce reports on findings and recommendations based on the risk assessment.
- To assess the extent to which action plans and recommendations based on internal audits and periodic reviews are adhered to as outlined in S
- yria Relief manuals, Turkish Rules and Regulations and donor regulations.
- To walk through the control mechanisms and existing methodology with emphasis to risk management and analyze their effectiveness against fraud and human error.
- To maintain a filing system of supporting documentation for all functions of the organization in preparedness for internal and external audits; take part and assist departments during internal and external audits when required.
- To produce timely and accurate ad-hoc reports as well as periodic reports to management.
- Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions.
How To Apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief to this Email email@example.com with the job code “SR.TR.ANT.COC “ in the subject line .
- Sector Service
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), English (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)