Job Purpose/Main Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Compliance Manager. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring all functions of Syria Relief Turkey/Syria including its partners are fully compliant with Syria Relief and donor policies and procedures through regular audits and reviews. In particular, these audits and reviews will assess the system of internal controls are adequate and effective and identify improvements across all departments.
- Under the direction of the Compliance Manager, review the extent to which those internal policies, rules and guidelines are complied with, including conducting walk-throughs and tests that systematically assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures and donor regulations.
- To stay informed of and ensure adherence to the policies and procedures of Syria Relief and its donors in relation to Logistics, Finance, HR and Program.
- Make day to day compliance check before payments with cooperation of other departments.
- Make compliance check at the end of the month for month end process.
- Prepare official documents for local authorities.
- Build a sustainable relationship with authorities and work with them.
- Contribute to our policy when we need to develop it.
- To conduct regular audits and reviews across all departments; assess and ensure their compliance with Syria Relief and donor policies and procedures; produce reports on findings and recommendations based on the risk assessment.
- To assess the extent to which action plans and recommendations based on internal audits and periodic reviews are adhered to as outlined in Syria Relief manuals and donor regulations.
- To walk through the control mechanisms and existing methodology with emphasis to risk management and analyze their effectiveness against fraud and human error.
- To maintain a filing system of supporting documentation for all functions of the organization in preparedness for internal and external audits; take part and assist departments during internal and external audits when required.
- To produce timely and accurate ad-hoc reports as well as periodic reports to management.
- Any other task as requested by line manager.
- BA in Finance / Accounting or equivalent professional qualification.
- 2 years of related experience, previous NGO experience is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn new systems and IT software quickly and effectively.
- Organized and flexible, ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly.
- Fluency in Turkish and English languages skills (spoken and written). Arabic language is an asset.
- Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions.
- Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel locally, if necessary.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a cover letter to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief to this Email email@example.com with the job code “SR.TUR.ANT.CO“in the subject line
Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected prior to the application deadline
- Sector Service
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), English (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )