Stichting Mayday Rescue Foundation is an international not-for-profit organisation. Mayday’s mission is to protect civilians against the effects of war and natural disaster by enabling them to protect themselves. We work where we are most needed: we seek to support the communities that are the most vulnerable and the most exposed to threats from conflict or natural disaster. We are passionate about saving lives and strengthening communities. Our methodology is the development of civilian protection capability, adapted to the specific challenges faced by a given community. We measure our performance by the quality of our teams’ civilian protection service, as judged by the civilians we serve. Mayday is headquartered in the Netherlands and operates regional offices in Turkey and Jordan. Our multinational team of 50 specialists has extensive experience of delivering complex programmes in fragile contexts. Mayday Rescue Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Further information about Mayday can be found at www.maydayrescue.org
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We seek a capable, experienced and committed Data and Information Officer to help us to achieve the Foundation’s core mission: save lives and strengthen communities.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Data and Information Officer will be primarily responsible for information management through management of data collection, scrubbing, analysis, and reporting; and database administration
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Develop and administer databases to support information management.
- Participate in the design and deployment of research tools to ensure data sets collected can be integrated into ADMEL databases.
- Support the development of data analysis plans with the Project and M&E Teams.
- Liaise with team and external partners to ensure all external data collection (e.g. through third-party-monitoring in Syria) is integrated into TPM database.
- Work with programme team to understand data needs for decision-making and reporting, and ensure needs are met.
- Manage tools deployed and ensure proper documentation of results.
- Train relevant staff to use the database.
- Conduct TPM data scrubbing, analysis and reporting; including the creation of data visualizations to make data useful and visually engaging to project teams.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and analysis of large-scale surveys.
- Administrative tasks as necessary in the conduct of work
- Other tasks as required by supervisor.
- Ensure TPM database structure is in line with the main programme database.
- Ensure TPM data analysis is completed and findings thereof are shared broadly within the organization.
- Ensure the systematic flow of TPM data streams into Mayday’s data management system.
- Contribute in the planning and facilitation of data-driven feedback sessions with the project team.
- Periodically brief project team and other stakeholders to explain data analysis and contribute to reporting.
- Assist with report writing as needed.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field of data administration, analysis, and visualization
- At least two years’ experience with data management
- Demonstrable experience in data visualization, e.g. GIS, infographics, required.
- Advanced experience in information management systems and DMS.
- Strong knowledge of data management tools such as Excel, Power BI, SPSS, or other relevant experience working with large program datasets, required.
- Experience in R or Python for data science strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with mobile-based data collection tools such as ODK, KoBo Toolkit, CommCare strongly preferred
- Experience in statistical analysis and qualitative analysis – preferred.
- Previous INGO experience is highly preferred.
How to Apply
Mayday Rescue is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities within its workforce, regardless to race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religious and political believes, or sexual orientation.
Mayday Rescue encourages qualified female and male candidates, to apply to become a part of our team.
If you find yourself a good match for this position, and if you are interested in joining a highly dynamic team and having a direct positive impact on Mayday’s programmes, please submit your CV and cover letter on our career portal by clicking below link.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Language Level Turkish (A1, Level 1, Beginner), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)