AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011, and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
AAR Japan is looking for a Database Entry Clerk who will be positioned in Mardin
- Ensure the accurate and timely entry of data including individual case information for Case Management team, outreach session details and session participant information for Outreach team, and event participant information for Community Center/Child Friendly Space team into respective databases.
- Work closely with Case Management, Outreach, and Community Center/Child Friendly Center staff to ensure that all data is correctly and consistently entered across the database in a regular manner. Identify irregular data and communicate with relevant staff to confirm the accuracy of the data.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress for each team.
- Identify problem areas related to data management and bring them to the attention of the Database/System Administrator.
- Ensure that data related to personally identifiable information is safe and shared as per AAR Japan’s privacy procedures and policies.
- Follow all AAR Japan policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child safeguarding and emergency procedures.
- Excellent Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 2 years-experience of working in data and database management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in data collection, storage, and analysis.
- Good English in speaking, reading and writing.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good understanding of key principles of international NGOs including accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence, cooperation, and intercultural understanding
- High flexibility, with ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge in Turkish or Arabic.
- Knowledge in database development and maintenance using SQL with proficiency in DBMS such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Proficiency in Visual Basic and Microsoft Access.
- Experience of working in the field of Humanitarian Aid.
- Start day: As soon as possible
- Work location: Mardin with occasional business trips inside Turkey
- Condition: Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter explaining your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd November, 2017.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3, 4-9
- Language Level English (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )