International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children. (For more information www.ibc.org.tr)
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for a Dental Team Leader for a project according to following qualifications.
Position Place: İstanbul-Sancaktepe/İstanbul-Sultanbeyli/Bursa
Job Duration: 5 months full time with possible extension
Number of Recruitments: 2 (1 for İstanbul, 1 for Bursa)
- Oversee and follow up daily on the implementation of the project’s activities
- Supervising the Community Health Promoters
- Travel regularly needed to the 2 project-sites for our İstanbul recruit
- Be the technical focal point supporting for the CHPs and other department with technical knowledge in dentistry and health promotion
- Work closely with the project team to achieve the project’s objectives
- Conduct regular training to the field team about dental hygiene promotion, working with refugees, etc.
- Develop with the project team the curriculum of the dental hygiene promotion sessions
- Responsible for referring cases by dental Community Health Promoters to the appropriate dental service-providers.
- Cooperate with the related IBC’s departments to develop and adapt a proper and accountable methods and tools to document the activities implementation in line with partners and IBC policies.
- Follow up the reporting process to ensure a quality data reporting.
- Analyse and report the collected data on monthly bases and sending to the project coordinator.
- Define gaps in service provision and propose criteria to fill those gaps
- Report and document each field visit and follow up the product action points
- Play a key role with monitoring coordinator in establishment of the communities’ feedback mechanisms and work closely to consider the result of the feedback in the project implementation and new projects development
- Present IBC in relevant meetings, trainings, and workshops.
- Actively participate within the related meetings and transfer the gained knowledge and experience to the concerned employees
- Bachelor degree in dentistry, medicine, or a close related field.
- Two years of experience in the humanitarian sector
- Good experience of health management, reporting, and technical assistance.
- Experience of working in refugee settings
- Good management skills
- Experience of providing capacity building and trainings
- Fluent in Arabic and English and/or Turkish language skills, both written and verbal is essential
- Turkish will be considered as an asset
- IT Knowledge
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV to email@example.com by 29 April 2018. Please, make sure to put the Job Title in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for interview. The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
- Sector Civil Society