DEPUTY GRANTS FINANCE MANAGER TERMS OF REFERENCE
FULL TIME, BASED IN ISTANBUL, WITH DOMESTIC TRAVEL.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Deputy Grants Finance Manager “DGM” will sit within the White Helmets Support Unit (WHSU), a division with Mayday Rescue Foundation’s BATAL (Hero) programme that supports Syria Civil Defence (AKA the White Helmets). Under the supervision of the Grants Manager, the DGM will be responsible for the financial management and reconciliation of sub-grants provided to the White Helmets.
The position will be based in Istanbul, Turkey, with domestic travel as required.
Job Title: Deputy Grants Finance Manager
Duty Station: Istanbul, Turkey
Line Manager: Grants Finance Manager
Line management responsibility: Grants Finance Officers
Full/Part Time: Full time
Contract Period: 6 Months
Probation Period: 2 months
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Deputy Grants Finance Manager will be responsible of performing the following duties:
Grants Finance Reconciliation:
· Oversee and conduct initial validation of the work of the grants officers in verifying and checking the financial documents submitted by the grantee (WH), check the invoices’ payments and coding and identify discrepancies.
· Verify and ensure consistency between the grants financial reports and the technical reports at all times.
· Support the White Helmets to ensure prompt and accurate financial reporting in accordance with donor templates and requirements.
· Prepare and maintain sub-grants financial reports; including a brief commentary on matters identified.
· Oversee and conduct first validation of the processing, release and regular reconciliation of payments for each sub-grant.
· Support the WH to design and develop the sub-grants budgets, review their funding requests and assess financial needs.
· Contribute to the design and preparation of Mayday’s overall budgets.
· Coordinate and support budget realignments and annual budget reviews, when relevant.
· Focal person to maintain and update Master Budget of Mayday’s sub-grants to the WH and prepare Budget Vs Actual reports.
· Coordinate with the supply chain to get the pipeline expenses (commitments).
· Coordinate with the Program teams to get the spending plan.
· Consolidate all the information and ensure that Budget Monitoring Tools are produced on a monthly basis and presented to the Projects Implementation Group “PIG” with PVA analysis and financial forecasts.
· Coordinate with the budget holder and advise to avoid disallowed costs and apply the procedures along with donor regulations.
· Ensure adherence to the financial guidelines as per the Financial Manual and compliance requirements.
· Ensure that comprehensive and timely reports are produced in accordance with schedules and requirements agreed by the donors and Mayday management.
· Collate requirements from the concerned departments and prepare sub-grants agreements.
· Reconcile transfers book and funding accounts between Mayday and the WH on a monthly basis and investigates and resolve the difference in coordination with the finance department.
· Revise and update tools and templates for grants control and donor reporting.
· Maintain tracking systems for grants, including inputting raw data into the grants database.
· Respond to audit enquiries in regards to sub-grants.
· Provide the budget codes to different activities of operations of all sub-grants.
· Maintain grant and contract files.
Coordination and Supervision:
· Act as deputy to the Grants Finance Manager.
· Review and update internal SOPs, templates, contracts and grants management policies.
· Build capacity, coach and provide support to Mayday’s grants officers, answer their enquiries and co-evaluate their performance.
· Train the grants staff on tools and templates, and donor regulations, as required.
· Develop WH capacity on grants management and reporting.
· Contribute to daily, weekly and monthly reporting on the work of the grants projects.
· Convene weekly grants coordination meetings.
· Contribute to a positive working environment by being accessible and available to team members.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Banking.
• Master Degree in Business, Administration, Finance, accounting or relevant field.
• Specialized accounting certificates i.e. CIA, CPA, CMA is a plus.
Qualifications, education, experience and competencies.
Applicants are invited from persons with the following qualifications or similar and relevant experience:
· 7 years of professional experience in accounting, financial or projects management fields, of which a minimum of 2 years is in a supervisory role in the not for profit or humanitarian field.
· Competent computing skills and experience in a range of software packages with advanced level in excel.
· Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and budget design.
· Knowledge of donors grants rules and compliance requirements.
· Fluent in both Arabic and English languages are essential. French and Turkish an advantage.
· Demonstrated capability in preparing and analysing budgets for humanitarian projects.
· Demonstrated skills in developing financial policies and procedures.
· Good knowledge of logistics and procurement standard and alternative procedures.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, following procedures, meeting deadlines and working and problem-solving independently and cooperatively.
· To have a curious mind and a patient, problem-solving attitude.
· Have leadership skills and able to work independently.
Mayday Rescue is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities within its workforce, regardless of race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religious and political believes, or sexual orientation.
Mayday Rescue encourages qualified female and male candidates, to apply to become a part of our team.
If you find yourself a good match for this position, and if you are interested in joining a highly dynamic team and having a direct positive impact on Mayday’s programmes, please submit your CV and cover letter on our career portal by clicking below link.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)