AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011, and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Hatay, Kilis, Sanliurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
AAR Japan is looking for an Disability Support/Rehabilitation Manager who will be positioned in Şanlıurfa.
The Rehabilitation Manager’s prime responsibilities are to manage the field activities of AAR Japan’s Disability-Support Programme in Sanliurfa, Mardin and Istanbul and the training of the rehabilitation staff, to provide medical expertise and guidance for the staff, to monitor and evaluate program activities and to ensure the highest standards of care within the program. This function is overall comprised of technical management (75%) and team management (25%).
1) Support AAR SMT in strategy development related to its Disability Support Programme, including supporting the process of developing high quality proposals and associated budgets,
2) Support AAR SMT in developing, implementing, and maintaining the direct disability support activities, and ensuring the integration of comprehensive rehabilitation, inclusion and disability-focused approaches into all programme activities. This also includes coordination and programme planning of field activities.
3) Develop, implement and maintain compliance with international and national laws, conventions, policies and standards regarding the Refugee Programme of AAR Japan,
4) Develop, implement, and maintain Disability Support Programme to facilitate the use of appropriate resources and services, and ensure that the Programme is consistent and in link with the needs of the population of concern,
5) Review monthly reports and provide input for donor reports and proposals,
6) Ensure technical integrity of Disability Support Programme through technical on-demand job and task assistance,
7) Develop staff capacity on rehabilitation, inclusion and disability-focused approaches in the context of refugees/displaced persons,
8) Develop or adapt specific IEC materials and other messaging and awareness-raising activities on inclusion and disabilities,
9) Support AAR SMT in the recruitment of staff, including drafting of job descriptions and conducting of technical and competency based interviews and test,
10) Monitor and evaluate Disability Support projects ensuring quality of services, regular reviewing of process and practices, and in appraising the performance of disability support staff,11) Create and maintain constructive coordination both internally with technical focal points and heads of offices, and externally by representing AAR Japan in in meetings with various stakeholders and service providers, including the Government, Local Authorities, UN and NGOs in Turkey,
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in rehabilitation or other health projects for persons with disabilities
- Minimum 2 years in management positions in the humanitarian sector with a NGO
- Demonstrated experience and skills in capacity-building and trainings on rehabilitation, inclusion and disabilities.
- Medical degree in physiotherapy and/or occupational therapy
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGO’s; the ability to work with a broad spectrum of people
- Native Turkish language proficiency
- Fluent English in speaking, reading and writing
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated experience and skills in community-based rehabilitation programming
- Demonstrated experience and skills in managing disability support projects combining both physical rehabilitation and MHPSS
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project proposal writing for international donors, esp. UN agencies
- Skills and knowledge in program sustainability and capacity building and project monitoring and evaluation (both quantitative and qualitative methods)
- Proven capabilities in leadership
- Basic knowledge in Arabic
• Start day: As soon as possible
• Work location: Şanlıurfa with occasional business trips inside Turkey
• Condition: Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter explaining your salary expectation indicating the position in the subject line of the email. The email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org account before end of the day 27th of August, 2017.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Position Project Manager
- Highest Degree Doctorate, Master
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (A2, Level 2, Elementary)