RET International, www.theRET.org, headquartered in Geneva Switzerland, with offices around the world, is an independent, impartial, non-partisan organisation, with no religious or political affiliation. RET International was founded in 2000, by Mrs Sadako Ogata, then High Commissioner of UNHCR, to address the dire need for education in emergencies in fragile contexts for vulnerable young people affected by displacement, violence, armed conflict and disasters.
Mission: What does RET do?
At RET we are committed to assisting communities to meet the educational needs, in the broadest sense, of YOUNG PEOPLE made vulnerable by displacement, violence, armed conflict and disasters.
RET International Values:
Education Officer reports to the Programme Manager and Project Coordinator.
S/he supervises a team designed in accordance with contractual engagement with the donor(s).
Ideally, s/he is a graduate of humanities/social sciences or Turkish Language & Literature.
Very good command of both Turkish and English is a must.
Place of Work
S/he is based in Şanlıurfa, with frequent trips to the field.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and Project Coordinator, Education Officer is responsible for:
- Implement, manage, coordinate, and achieve all activities and expected outcomes of RET International project in the country;
- Prepare all required reports destined to RET’s HQ and/or donors, based on quality data collected in the field by the team s/he manages.
- Organize and plan meetings with project staffs and key partners to develop the first draft of the Work-Plan with clearly stated milestones corresponding to the project outputs, in compliance with the contractual expectations;
- Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, lead the identification of main local actors and build relationships with them;
- Provide technical support and directions to the project staff for the design and timely implementation of the activities agreed within the Work-Plan;
- Provide guidance to the project staff and follow up daily on the activities implemented;
- Monitor project progress against annual and quarterly Work-Plan;
- Follow up and monitor the work of the different field project staff and officers in the different locations of the project;
- Organize workshops and training events, as contractually agreed;
- Ensure compliance with RET International Operations Manual policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain project records such as databases, reports and records of decisions;
- Maintain close communication over all operational issues as well as strategic opportunities arising from project implementation;
- Undertake frequent visit for field activities, ensuring that their implementation complies with the contractual expectations;
- Report to the Programme Coordinator, in a timely manner, any discrepancy, challenge, or difficulty met during the planning and implementation of the activities, especially when it could affect the achievement of RET’s objectives.
Finance, Administration and Logistics
- Ensure compliance with RET International Manual policies and procedures (Finance, HR, Procurement, etc.);
- Ensure that all proper documentation is submitted, in a timely manner, to the Finance, Administration, HR and Logistics departments, ensuring thus that the necessary resources are made available for the implementation of the planned activities;
- When required, participate to the HR procedures (recruitment, performance management, staff development, etc.). This will include ensuring that her/his subordinates have performances objectives are managed according to performance;
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Together with Reporting Officer, ensure that data on programme beneficiaries, processes, progress and performance are effectively collected, entered, analysed and documented, using the proper tools designed
- Closely follow up daily, on the implementation of the M&E Plan;
- Ensure that all field staff submit their periodic reports on time, in line with M&E Plan, and in accordance with internal deadlines fixed by the Programme Coordinator;
- Review all submitted field reports,
- Coordinate with the Reporting Assistant, as needed, to ensure the proper and continuous use of M&E forms;
- Prepare monthly consolidated project report capturing all activities conducted during the reporting period, and share it with Programme Coordinator and Reporting Officer;
- Address queries and questions raised by the Programme Coordinator and Reporting Officer concerning the submitted monthly report(s), in a timely manner;
- Serve as a liaison (focal point) between the Programme Coordinator and the Reporting Officer, on the one hand, and field staff, on the other, in matters related to M&E, relaying feedback and requests for additional information as needed;
- Address any inconsistency, highlighted by the Reporting Officer, between monthly reports and M&E forms.
- Ensure compliance and controls environment is effectively managed by the project team;
- Take the necessary measures to ensure, as much as possible, the safety of all staff and implement emergency security evacuation plans as appropriate;
- Develop and maintain management risk register, and regularly report to line manager on it; proactively put in place risk mitigation measures against potential high-risk areas (e.g., staff security, theft, etc.)
- Support annual internal programme audits that are carried out and ensure that key risk areas are managed well.
- Participate in the elaboration of project proposals (narrative, operational and financial);
- If requested, participate to coordination meetings with the authorities and/or partners;
- Complete any additional task, as requested by the Programme Manager.
In addition, like all RET Staff
- Comply with internal policies, ensuring that activities and their performance comply with what is established in RET’s Code of Conduct and other Manuals;
- Work as a team to achieve RET’s goals;
- Manage in a transparent way RET’s resources, fulfilling effectively and efficiently the tasks entrusted;
- Propose, constructively, alternative solutions to problems that arise in the work area
NOTE: Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in our organisation and wish you all the best in your career.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)