An Istanbul based strategic communications firm is looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the clients’ vision and is suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. Ultimately, as a video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience with Premier
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, animation and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
- Diligence in following design and brand guidelines to ensure consistency and uniformity in designs
- Extremely careful attention to minute details and uniformity
- Must have skills in English and Arabic. Women strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive salaries with options to pay in different currencies depending on the nature of the work.
How to apply:
Please share your cover letter, CV, samples of your work, and salary expectations to:
- Sector Media / Communication / Public Relations