Contract Type: Consultant Contract for 6 months
The 3-years EU-funded project “Regional Co-operation on Border Management with Greece and Bulgaria Phase 2” aims to achieve EU strategic goal of open and secure borders by developing and strengthening Turkey’s institutional capacity for alignment with EU integrated border management (IBM) policy via the specific objective to enhance the development of functional, effective and integrated systems in border management between Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey, which is in line with EU standards, through the enhancement of inter-agency, bilateral and regional cooperation and coordination.The main beneficiary of the project is Ministry of Interior, Directorate General of Provincial Administration (DGPA).Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the coordination and implementation of the Project’s language training activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop training program and materials for English language course,
2. Deliver English language course for selected staff from Turkish border management agencies and officials working at Police and Customs Cooperation Centre (PCCC). The language courses are expected to be delivered in the premises provided by the consultant with a space capacity for up to 20 trainees,
3. Prepare course evaluation report after each completed course,
4. Prepare mini-vocabularies in English to Turkish and vice versa which are tailored to functions of border management officials to be ready for publishing,
5. Perform other duties as may be assigned related to trainings.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in English Language Teaching with five years of English teaching experience
Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience in relevant field and in working with professional groups
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
• Good communicational, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Good communicational and written skills in Turkish and English
• Good level of computer literacy
• To reside and to be registered in Edirne is preferable
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 27 September 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)