Classification: 6 months Special Short Term Graded contract – with possible extension (G5)
Under overall guidance of the Senior Resource Management Officer in Ankara and under direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (Budget) in Ankara, the incumbent will be responsible the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Research, compile and summarize information to be used for determination of reasonable unit cost for budgetary purpose.
2. Assist RMO (Budget) in preparing yearly mission budget.
3. Analysis market rate at least twice in a year to see variance in budget rate.
4. Notify project manager minimum 3 months in advance for any surplus balance foreseen in S&O budget heading for necessary budget revision or alternative way to burn the budget.
5. Create project structure in SAP, prepare BNP and coordinate with Manila for activation of project code in SAP.
6. Assist project manager in budgeting for new project in absence of RMO (Budget).
7. Create and maintain proper filing system of project documents.
8. Coordinate with project manager to ensure cost is correctly charged against budget line.
9. Recode budget line or GL as per necessity in coordination with PM and RMO Budget.
10. Forecast expenditure in coordination with PM to ensure budget utilization is in timeframe of project.
11. Monitor financial report to verify if expenditure is in line with approved budget and eligibility of cost charged in project using donor reporting template.
12. Keep record and notify project manager on interim and final financial report due date to donor.
13. Coordinate and follow up with procurement department, operations department for clearance of commitments due on/before closing of project end period.
14. Prepare interim/final financial report using donor/IOM template before due date to donor.
15. Assist in improving internal controls systems, the efficiency and timely delivery of finance (budget/reporting) services in mission.
16. Mail correspondence with IOM HQ/Manila, other IOM mission worldwide and counter parts for necessary transactions.
17. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
• University degree in finance, business administration, or any other related fields with minimum three years of professional experience
• High school degree with minimum five years of relevant professional experience
• Technical knowledge on SAP Finance Module is an advantage.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 03 April 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Finance Assistant
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)