Title : Finance Assistant
Reporting to : Senior Finance Officer (Deputy Finance Manager)
Location : Gaziantep, Turkey
Duration : 5 months, extension subject to funding approval
About RI : Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development. Relief International is registered NGO in Turkey and is based in Gaziantep to build capacities of Syrian communities to respond their needs in health, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and education. Relief International is currently seeking candidates to be employed as Finance Assistant in Gaziantep as soon as possible.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer (the Deputy Finance Manager until a new (Senior) Finance Officer joins to RI), the primary responsibility of the Finance Assistant is to ensure overall accurate pre revision process with a special focus on compliance with the Donors regulations.
- Oversight of compliance procedures and accountability:
- Ensure proper compliance principles are followed
- Ensure project allocations are accurate
- Review financial reports submitted by the partner and all supporting documents to ensure compliance with the project and donors’ requirements
- Maintain a computerized and up-to-date filing system of the project
- Ensuring safety and security of financial documents
- Closely cooperate with Program department on Payment procedures to Health Facilities
- Cooperate with Program department on payment data and document submission
- Review and verify Program data and documents, add finance data and pass files to Finance Officer/Senior Finance Officer/Deputy Finance Manager
- Assist SFO/FO in reviewing of accruals right after booking.
- Cash management and monitoring the advances and settlements for sub-offices
- Follow up Health Facilities consumption tables from Operations department and programs, review and confirm the accuracy of these documents
- Ensure payment Tracker is up-to-date.
- Comply supporting documents with RI procurement map
- Acquire supporting documents and prepare Journal Vouchers and Payment Vouchers required for Syria Response programs and Implementing Partners for Finance Officer/Senior Finance Officer/Deputy Finance Manager to review
- Do any additional task related to Syria Response Programs assigned by DFM and CFM.
- Assist DFM and CFM regarding audits for Syria Response Programs
- Assist FO/SFO in management and following up of Finance Monitors inside Syria, review the reports sent by Finance Monitors, and inform DFM and FM regarding material findings, prepare necessary paperwork for their incentives.
- Give the cash manager information regarding to expense projection for implementing partners.
- As this is an Emergency Response programme, at times there will be the requirement to work additional hours and perform other tasks not detailed in this job description
Professional background: Minimum 1 year of relevant experience or Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
Formal Education: Educated to Bachelor’s level in related field such as Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
Arabic speaker, fluent in English
Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
Syrians with Turkish nationality
Previous experience of finance and accounting in an international INGO
Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, including local government and taxation authorities
Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Demonstrates ability to identify problems
Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
HOW TO APPLY:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 27, 2017 stating in the subject “Finance Assistant”. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey and have a Turkish citizenship.
- Sector Service