Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office, and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Gaziantep, in close coordination with the Resource Management Unit in Ankara, the incumbent will be responsible in providing finance and budget support services in the sub-office and related sub-offices in the region, monitoring the day-to-day accounting and budget functions in compliance with relevant IOM financial rules, regulations and procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting and Finance
- Undertake quality control checks on the monthly accounts, ensuring that vendor accounts and cost centers are cleared in a timely manner;
- Review and verify outstanding financial matters with suppliers, including open commitments arising from contractual obligations per agreements and/or Purchase Orders (PO), and lease obligations.
- Support the process of monthly mission accounts closure, to the extent that the accounts involved fall under the jurisdiction of the sub-office.
- Verify Request for Payment, Receipt and Non-Cash (RfP), ensuring propriety, accuracy and completeness of supporting documents and adherence to IOM procurement and financial rules and procedures; follow-up with respective staff members in case of incomplete or inaccurate supporting documents;
- Enter transaction in PRISM, ensuring proper general ledger (GL) codes and budget lines are used and observing proper allocation of costs.
- Assist in coordinating and guiding the work of new/junior staff in the unit.
- Provide training and guidance to other staff members with regard to IOM administrative and financial procedures.
- Participate in program activity process check and vendor verification, as necessary, to obtain assurance regarding the integrity of vendor sales procedures and capture and interface of Point-of-Sale (POS) sales transactions in the IOM system.
- Participate in the Bids Evaluation and Award Committee (BEAC) representing Resource Management Unit, as needed.
- Support the budget control process in the sub-office by updating the Budget Utilization Report on bi-weekly basis, adding new project budgets as these are confirmed, and communicating the status with the Program Managers regularly.
- Review Purchase Requisitions (PRs) for fund availability verification.
- Maintain tracker of lease obligations and review planned cost allocation in the context of available budgets.
- Conduct review of detail expenditure charged to the projects due for closing, for general propriety of charges, identifying unusual or erroneous entries for correction or reclassification.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting, or related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
Professional certification as chartered accountant or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a distinct advantage.
- Experience in accounting, finance, banking and treasury;
- Experience in providing program and administrative support.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 06 June 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)