Terms of Reference
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, nonprofit making, international organization with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. Over the past 25 years, PIN has managed projects in 55 countries, providing relief aid and development assistance, implementing social integration programs, and increasing public awareness on global development issues. PIN currently provides assistance in 15 countries with over 700 staff worldwide.
The Finance Officer will be based in the Gaziantep, Turkey PIN office and will be supervised by the Gaziantep based Finance Manager for North West Syria and Turkey in a close cooperation with the Head of Accounting Unit.
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Starting date: December 2017/January 2018
Working Hours: Full time
Duration: 8 months with a possibility of extension
The Primary tasks of the Finance Officer will be:
– Registration and posting of cash transactions and invoices into the accounting and archiving systems.
– Cash management.
– Ensure quality of financial documentation in line with PIN procedures.
– Support to project staff in Gaziantep and field offices in Syria with financial related tasks.
– Prepare necessary data and supporting documentation for government audits.
– Prepare financial reports for WFP project, including supporting documentation.
– Assist with other financial reports as required.
– Support Finance Manager and Head of Accounting Unit with other ad-hoc financial tasks.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- University degree preferrably in finace, business administration, international relastions or other related domains;
- Experience or academic knowledge of double entry accounting;
- Experience working in the NGO sector is desirable;
- Experience of working in a multicultural work environment desirable;
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Good computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications, namely the MS Excel is required
- Advanced level of English is required
- Turkish nationality is preferred , residency for foreigners is mandatory.
- Challenging work and opportunity for self-development. Excellent learning experience.
- Possibility to gain interesting working experience within a professional, internationally recognized NGO;
- Possibility for professional development by means of trainings led by PIN staff and external experts.
- Monthly salary as per PIN salary scale.
- 24 days of paid leave per calendar year.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit their CV and cover letter, in English, to email@example.com no later than midnight on December 10th 2017.
Please mention the position title for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society