About AAR Japan;
Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR Japan) is an international humanitarian organization that helps people in need in over 15 countries. We started to work in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011, and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting refugees in Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Mardin and Istanbul.
AAR Japan is looking for a Finance Officer who will be positioned in Sanliurfa.
Finance Officer is responsible for staff payroll and payments to staff, social security and tax calculation, draft of monthly report, support in internal and external audits in the country office and field offices. He/she will closely coordinate with finance staff, HR staff and field teams on all financial activities and issues.
He/she will not only follow policies and procedures but will also ensure that his/her team members abide by the policy.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Manager
Directly manages: Finance Assistant
Financial Approval: None
- Regular contact with bank officers and contracted accountant
Ability to speak at least 2 languages including Turkish and English
Experience/ability to write/review clear reports with very few mistakes
Experience and ability to motivate people and to manage a team
Experience/Ability to communicate in a positive way.
Experience/Ability to negotiate
Experience of taking initiative and being proactive
Ability to use a computer and Microsoft office softwares
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS :
– Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
– Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
– Willingness to travel and work in difficult environment
- Prepare payroll by ensuring accuracy
- Facilitate any other allowances if applicable as per policy and incorporate with monthly payroll for payments
- SGK (Social Security) and tax colculations
- Draft monthly financial reports
- Communicate with contracted attorney and accountant as well as bank officers and other AAR staff.
- Screen all payments to suppliers and service contractors
- Assist Finance Manager and Deputy Finance Manager in internal and external audits
- Other miscellaneous tasks that may occur
- Assist and facilitate AAR Japan staff’s communication with Turkish counterparts in various locations and occasions
- Translate documents from Turkish to English and vice versa
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter explaining your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position in the subject line by 31st March, 2018.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)