Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR Japan) is an international humanitarian organization that helps people in need in over 15 countries. We started to work in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011, and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting refugees in Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Mardin and Istanbul.
AAR Japan is looking for a Finance Officer who will be positioned in Mardin, Turkey.
- Daily bookkeeping and handling of payment vouchers
- Keep the budget expenditure in check
- Check financial reports submitted by sub-grantee(s)
- SGK (social security) and Income tax calculations based on Bordro for Salaries
- Draft monthly financial reports
- Communicate with contracted attorney, accountant, as well as AAR Office regarding staff salary and social security payments
- Screen all payments to suppliers and service contractors
- Other miscellaneous tasks that may occur
- Assist and facilitate AAR Japan international staff’s communication with Turkish counterparts in various locations and occasions
- Translate documents from Turkish to English and vice versa
- Minimum two years of professional experience in finance
- Fluent Turkish and English in speaking, reading and writing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Capacity to work autonomously
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment sometimes under extreme pressure
- Experience/degree in finance or in a relevant field
- Basic Arabic skills
- Humanitarian work experience
- Familiarity with the local community in Mardin
- Start day: ASAP
- Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Work location: Mardin with occasional business trips inside Turkey
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 23rd of February, 2018.
Note: Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted CVs will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)