About us: ISWA is a humanitarian, development, advocacy, non-governmental organization dedicated to work with communities to overcome poverty. ISWA’s main priorities are empowering woman and enabling her to participate in the economic, social, and civil spheres.
We also aim to protect women’s rights in the constitution, the legislation, systems and procedures. ISWA focuses on community care by creating safe environment through improving living conditions, mitigating violence, opposing marginalization and striving to eliminate poverty
Under the direct supervision of the Support coordinator, the primary responsibility of the Senior Finance Officer is to ensure compliance with organization’s/donors policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, to do technical financial review of ISWA’s documentation, review accounts and guide and supervise Finance Officer and Assistant.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to; Support coordinator
Supervision responsibility: Finance officer
Budget responsibility: Budgeting , Budget monitoring are the main responsibility.
- Oversight of compliance procedures and accountability:
- Ensure proper compliance principles are followed.
- Ensure project allocation are accurate.
- Ensure that all financial procedures are in line with ISWA policies and financial manual.
- Closely coordinate with Program & Support coordinator on payments to be made to Field offices and projects:
- Ensure meeting deadline for accruing field offices expenses. Prepare Journal Vouchers and GL summaries.
- Cooperate with program department on payment data submission.
- Follow up Finance assistants to finalize review and verify Program data.
- Review Backup documents and record advance in register and send reminder calendar to recipient to settle the advance tracker is up-to-date.
- Review and Processing of Monthly Payment Order:
- Ensure Monthly Payment Order is accurate and all back up support documents are reviewed
- Accrue payment order and reconcile as per reviewed support backup documentation
- Ensure Monthly Payment Order is processed on time
- Prepare paperwork for monthly payment clearances
- Oversee the day-to-day cash management – receipts, disbursements and currency management
- Supervise monthly closure process and ensure timely, complete and accurate submission to partners. Prepare corresponding checklists based on progress and report to Support coordinator
- Facilitate any external and internal audits
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Professional background: minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Formal Education: Educated to Bachelor’s level in related field such as Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Business Administration, or other educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Essential Skills:
- Fluent in English, Arabic speaker (Reading & Writing),
- Previous experience in NGO or INGO
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package , especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze problems and provide systematic solutions in line with established policies / procedures
- Ability and willingness to travel inside Syria when required
- Desired Skills (not essential but preferred):
- Turkish speaker
- Syrians with Turkish Nationality (Dual citizenship)
- Personal Qualities:
- Excellent Monitoring, Reporting, Presentation, Facilitation and Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems.
Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
Type of Contract: Full time
Workplace: Gaziantep – Turkey / possibility of travel to inside Syria
Direct manager: support coordinator
Position Code: Fin-Sof –TR
Please type the Position code in the Google form, Otherwise the request will be disregarded
How To Apply
For all applicants Please insert the personal information in the Link:
Only accepted applicants in the short list will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: 31-10- 2017 5.00 PM (Turkish local time)
- Sector Civil Society