Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
The SHAFAK Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Syria and Turkey including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The SHAFAK Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as SHAFAK internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the CEO and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to; (Finance Manager)
Supervision responsibility: (Field Financial Officers)
Budget responsibility: (N/A)
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities:
- Assist in the financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders and payment requests to ensure compliance with SHAFAK and Donors policies and procedures and project budgets.
- Assist in the month end review of sub-office journals to ensure proper coding of all transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly cash flow projections.
- Prepare the month end financial report for all associated projects and BvAs from the general ledger and HQ data.
- Maintain the match documentation files and match tracking spreadsheets report for all associated projects.
- Maintain financial files, process payments and reconcile financial tracking to general ledger reports.
- Tacking and reconciliations of payroll for all associated projects as a part from the united payroll of SHAFAK employee.
- Make sure that all supporting documentation and its related journal vouchers, payment vouchers and receipts ar prepared and filed according to SHAFAK procedures and in accordance with donor procedures.
- Assist in the month end accounting close process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger, journals and all supporting documentation in all country and regional offices.
- Assist in the training and support for field staff, including answering daily questions, training new hires, making field visits (if required), etc…
- Assist the Finance Manager / Coordinator in responding to audit inquiries and requests for financial information.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHAFAK and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
Perform other duties, as necessary and/or as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor degree, in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any close related field is required.
- At least 1 – 3 Year experience in related / close field.
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment.
- English: fluent
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
- A strong sense of integrity, and responsibility.
- Attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good English Language skills, Arabic or Turkish languages are an asset
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Turkey ,Turkish nationality or valid work permit are highly required.
- Experience in the Finance Department of a non-government organization is an asset.
- Familiarity with major international donor rules and non-profit accounting is an asset.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Please apply in English by downloading the application form from the this link: http://www.shafak.org/site/files/shafak-job-application.docx
Submit the completed form and CV to sending your up to date CV with a cover letter to Career@shafak.org by 16-Feb-2018 5.30PM (Turkish local time). Indicate the Job Code and Position applied for on the subject line. Note that any application without the Job Code may not be processed, Shafak might recruit before the deadline given to the urgency of this position, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shafak is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Sector Service
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree Doctorate
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)