Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
The GBV supervisor, under the direct supervision of the GBV Sr. officer and the overall direction of the project manager, is primarily responsible for the management of case management activities including service mapping, case identification, follow-up and successful closure of cases in the women and girls safe space. He is expected to work with the GBV case managers (Shafaks’ Teams).
Reports to: GBV Sr. Officer
Location: HQ, Gaziantep
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities:
- supervise all GBV activities in WGSS
- Ensure training and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff regarding technical skills.
- Manage technical Team and follow-up the team performance
- Send the technical reports.
- Supervise the referral pathway and case management process
- Organize weekly and monthly plans for work in WGSS teams
- Provide learning sessions to the technical team
- Ensure that all PSS Workers have specific and clearly-communicated tasks and roles in the center.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Compile weekly and monthly reports to provide information on challenges, and activities.
- Commitment to the policies of Shafak, including:
- Child Safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- University degree in social work, social science or other related field.
- Extensive practical experience working with the GBV case managers.
- Minimum two years of relevant work in GBV case management, GBV supervisor, GBV programs.
- Good understanding of referral systems and GBV protection mechanisms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, moral sensitivity, and empathy for GBV case managers.
- Able to take the initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Capable of working under tight pressure
- Ability to write and speak English
- Commitment to support GBV and PSEA policy, as well as principles of confidentiality.
Note: The applicant shall be female
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Please apply in English by downloading the application form from the this link:
Submit the completed form to
Indicate the Job Code and Position applied for on the subject line. Note that any application without the Job Code may not be processed. Shafak is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Service
- Level Employee
- Position Case Management Assistant
- Highest Degree Doctorate
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)