Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Master degree or Diploma in business management, financial management
General Work Experience:
Minimum 7 years of professional experience working in senior Grant positions, preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context, preferably with at least 3 years in a non-governmental organization with experience in budgeting, budget-tracking, balance-sheet management and internal audits.
• Languages : Fluent in English Writing-Reading-Speaking, other language will be desired especially Arabic/ Turkish
• Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
• Good understanding of financial procedures.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, financial and administrative skills.
• Strong Communication and negotiation skills.
• Time management.
• To keep in touch with grants developments across the charity sector by liaising with senior finance/ grants staff in other charities.
• To be a focal point with dealing with SR partners and donors in all financial and budgeting issues.
• To produce high quality financial reports\ external reports when required.
• To contribute to the standardization and analysis of specific reports for auditing purposes.
• To develop policies, procedures, processes and schedules across the organization.
• To lead and supervise SR master budget and annual budget.
• To provide support to colleagues when producing financial data.
• To be able to produce cash flow forecast and budgets
• To show commitment to social justice and Syria Relief mission and values
• To demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
1. Financial Accountability :
Maintain a documented system of grants policies and procedure
Ensure appropriate financial policy framework in place to guide Syria Relief financial decision making
Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in the charity’s financial plans and budget proposals. Provide advice to management on these matters
Contribute to the preparation of the charity’s strategic plan. Oversee the Preparation of the budget and forecast for the Turkey and Syria office.
Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
2. Financial Planning:
Provide grant services for use by managers in planning and controlling the work of the charity, this includes monthly reports, forecasting, budgeting, and control systems.
Advise the management on major financial issues which arise, for example, a proposed major new funding initiative or a new contract.
Manage the preparation of the organization’s budget.
Lead the regularly BvA meeting with PMs and HoP .
Provide advice/training to budget holders on budget management and phasing.
Report on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
Update master budget on monthly basis and lead the cost allocation process.
Maintain inclusion of administrative costs and ensure right and fair allocations of admin expenses monthly and periodically
3. Awards Management:
• Observes the grants agreement, the start and end dates for spending and ensure that SR meets project targets within the budget with complete and accurate reports
• Evaluate and re-negotiate grant contracts whenever conditions are not reasonable
4. Supervision and others::
• Ensure that spending meets all donors’ technical and spending requirements.
• Build and maintain relationships with the local representatives of donor organizations and finance staff of similar organizations.
• Recruit, train and manage grant staff.
• Carry out inductions and staff training for finance procedures, donor requirements etc.
• Work with internal and external auditors as necessary.
How To apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief to this
E-Mail (email@example.com ) with the job code “SR.TR.GM.GA “ in the subject line
Please Note that any CV sent with no Job Code in the subject line will not be submitted in the HR Serve
kindly send your residency along with your resume
Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected prior to the application deadline.
- Sector Economy / Business
- Level Manager
- Position Accountant
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)