Position: Grant Officer
Job Location: Gaziantep
Reporting to: Grant Manager
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Key relationships: Project, Syria Office, MEAL, IMU, Field Offices, Finance, Procurement, Logistic.
General objective of the position:
The Grant Officer is responsible of providing quality and proper stewardship of grants by developing and designing proposals with SAMS staff. The Grants officer will also ensure proper filing of related documents and of regularly updating the organization’s grants tracker.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in donor reporting processes through the coordination and drafting of high quality donor reports (Bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim, annual and final), ensuring compliance with SAMS and donor requirements
- Maintain an internal tracking database of donor, reporting timelines, and coordinate with the Grants Manager, Projects Manager to ensure that appropriate data collection and compilation take place on schedule.
- Provide reminders to relevant staff members on reporting timelines, and act as a focal point for collection, compilation, review and editing of qualitative donor, internal reporting.
- Organize and facilitate planning meetings/kick-off for new projects, in collaboration with Operations, Projects Manager, Finance and M&E departments.
- Support in holding regular grant management meetings, including scheduling, documentation provision, recording and dissemination of action points and minutes.
- Supporting and mainstreaming the use of SAMS grants management tools and systems
- Under the guidance of Grants Manager, provide dedicated support to the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses – coordinating the development process with all relevant departments, including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measurable targets, and developing narrative proposals.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Review SAMS Syria’s partner proposals and budgets when requested, providing constructive feedback.
External Representation and Information Management
- Attend relevant coordination meetings with current and potential donors’ partners and other stakeholders when requested, as delegated by the Grants Manager
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use.
- Provide support to Grants Department in the organization of donors’ visits.
- Support the development of strategic communication materials, such as sector profiles, impact reports, program briefings, leadership and positioning pieces and other relevant pieces.
- Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
-Minimum 3 years’ experience in grant management procedures and donor relations. Familiar with project management, financial management and budget monitoring.
-Knowledge of donor mechanisms such as USAID, DFID and ECHO; with knowledge of donor compliance advantageous
-Experience in filing and database management
-Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds
-Proactive, independent, and solutions-focused
-Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
-Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Excellent written and spoken in Arabic
- Strong command of written and spoken English
1. Please verify the exactitude of your contact information (e-mail, phone number, 2ND phone
Number) before you send your application to facilitate the communication between you and HR.
2. The candidate must indicate in his application if she/he has a valid AFAD, residency permit and/or a valid Passport (please indicate the expiry date)
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
Interested candidates may please send their resume stating the job title in the subject of the email
Last date for application is 01/ September / 2018
Please E-mail all applications to: email@example.com
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)