Head of Office – Mardin Turkey
Association for Aid and Relief, Japan (AAR Japan) is an international humanitarian organization that helps people in need in over 15 countries. We began our emergency relief operation in response to the Syrian crisis in October 2012.
AAR Japan is looking for Head of office who will be positioned in Mardin Turkey.
ROLE SUMMARY :
The job holder will be accountable for all activities in the AAR Japan’s Mardin Office. He/she will therefore plan, coordinate and manage staff, budget, resources and systems to ensure the delivery of project and office objectives while also ensuring that all staff understand and abide by the policies. He/she will be responsible for the all project aspects (budget, reporting, quality and delivery of program activities) and for the office management (finance, HR, logistics, IT, leadership, safety and security).
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Director
Directly manages: Manages directly and indirectly 50-60 staff in the office
- Negotiation and representation with senior level representatives including government at national level and international donors.
– Responsible for overall recruitment procedure.
– Ensure onboarding, training, and performance management of staff as appropriate and in accordance with AAR Japan policies and procedures
– Responsible for overall project implementation at the field level.
– Ensure projects are responsive to the affected population and in line with AAR Japan’s principles, values and policies and procedures.
– Establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with authorities, donors, and other NGOs
– Ensure preparation of timely and high quality reports
– Ensures compliance with donor requirements as well as AAR Japan internal policies
– Ensure safety and security of staff.
At least 5 years of professional experience including at least 3 years in a relevant field and 1 year of managing staff
At least 1 year experience in humanitarian sector
4 years or more of experience in a relevant field and 2 years or more of managing staff
Technical expertise in Programme or/and office management
Ability to speak and write Turkish or Arabic
Ability to create vision and strategy and to inspire people to follow his/her leadership
Skills, knowledge and abilities
Experience ability to understand, create, review, correct and adapt budgets
Strong ability to motivate, coordinate and build capacity of staff
Ability to speak and write fluently English
Ability to multitask with a wide range of activities
Ability to make concerted decisions
Experience/ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
Experience/ability to write, review, correct reports and to ensure that any report submitted is of the highest quality
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and work in difficult environment
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter explaining salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position in the subject line by 3rd of AugustJune, 2018.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Position Administrative Manager
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )