AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011, and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
AAR Japan is looking for an HR/Admin Officer who will be positioned in Mardin.
- Carry out administrative tasks of overall operation, including but not limited to preparing official documents and reports and translating between English and Turkish;
- Support the Head of Office and Admin/ HR Manager;
- Prepare necessary document to obtain work permit and staff registration;
- Handle entire staff recruitment process and employee relations;
- Establish and maintain Human Resource Information System;
- Handle day-to-day administrative operations;
- Keep office documentations and filing system up to date;
- Communicate with corporate lawyer to receive legal advice on office administration and/or HR management
- Liaise with goverment authorities when necessary;
- Assist in creating procedure manuals on administration/ Human Resource;
- Other Administration tasks as requested;
• At least 2 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project in the field of humanitarian, development or social action
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration, Law, Sociology, Politics or International Relations
• Native Turkish and advance English languages with proficiency in speaking, reading and writing (Arabic or Kurdish languages would be an asset)
• Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel essential
• Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment sometimes under extreme pressure
• Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian principles, codes of conduct, and NGO organizational culture
• Master’s or higher degree in human resources, NGO management or development studies
• Well understanding with the refugee context in Southeast Turkey
• Demonstrated experience in networking with local authorities in Southeast Turkey
• Start day: As soon as possible
• Work location: Mardin with occasional business trips inside Turkey
• Condition: Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter explaining your salary expectation indicating the position in the subject line of the email. The email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org account before end of the day 22nd of December, 2017.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Sector Civil Society
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)