Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
The role holder will provide administrative support to the Operation Senior Manager, across the full range of HR processes. S/he will also be responsible for the continuous improvement of HR processes and systems in partnership with other colleagues
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Reports to: Operation Senior Manager
- Supervision: HR Sr. Officer,
- Budget responsibility: NON
- Act as a focal point for sourcing related matters including National/International recruitment process in Turkey.
- Support the HR Focal points in Syria in all recruitment processes ensuring best practices are followed remotely
- Ensure that personnel files are complete and managed in a confidential manner
- Update the Organograms as required and ensure proper procedure of revising organograms is in place.
- Managing employment contracts, ensure that consultancy and staff guidelines are fully adhered during the hiring process.
- Ensure good quality inductions process are in place and completed across the whole program.
- Preparation of payroll by ensuring accuracy, consistency, possession of appropriate budget lines and its timely processing.
- Ensure that all staff submit their timesheets in a timely manner; ensure the timesheets are properly filed for audits
- Ensure that exiting staff are paid their terminal benefits in a timely manner
- Ensure that all exiting staff complete a clearance form and cleared with all departments; conduct exit interviews
- Ensure HR records are filed systematically and ensure confidentiality
- Ensure HR Compliance (Legal, Shafak Guidelines, National/International Standards, Donor/Audits)
- Provide support to HR Manager in drafting local HR policies
- Advice Manager Day to day interpretation and implementation of HR policies
- Proactively manage the relationship with all managers, and drive implementation of key people strategies and solutions.
- Ensure that capacity building plans and performance management systems are in place to develop the requisite competencies in staff and ensure ongoing sustainability and quality of our work
- Contribute to the development and review of HR policies, procedures, guidelines and business processes, to ensure that everything we do is efficient, cost effective and legally compliant.
- Consult with the recognized employment bodies, HR Working Group on employment advice and related matters.
- Support the HR Director in the identification of strategies and formulation of policies that promote and not limited to reward and compensation, employee retention, succession planning; workforce planning; career progression, among others.
- Implement the Respectful workplace & Diversity agenda for staff in Shafak.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge and experience of generalist HR issues, including Turkish Employment Law, recruitment and selection, interpretation and application of policies and procedures, restructuring, reward and employee relations.
- Experience in managing disciplinary a grievance issues, monitoring and coaching HR staff, and other managers involved in such cases.
- Demonstrated excellent skills in planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written), with the ability to provide clear effective advice on a range of HR issues.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong team player, collaborative and capable of building effective relationships across all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to use the internet to obtain data and reference materials.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure with minimum supervision and a strong ability to take initiative
- Problem solving and risk mitigating skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in working with NGOs
- Turkish Language
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
All Applicants MUST have a residence or work permit in Turkey, or temporary protection card (Kimlik) issued from Gaziantep for the Syrians Applicants.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit the CV with a cover letter in single document to
by 25-Oct- 2017 5.30PM (Turkish local time). Indicate the Job Code and Position applied for on the subject line. Note that any application without the Job Code may not be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Service
- Level Employee
- Position HR Manager
- Highest Degree Doctorate
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)