Under the overall supervision of Senior Resource Management Officer and National HR Officer in Ankara, and under the direct supervision of the Senior HR Assistant, the incumbent will provide human resources support to IOM Gaziantep and its field offices. In particular, he/she will:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide human resources support to IOM offices, including collecting CVs, arranging interviews and conducting reference checks during recruitment process, drafting Candidate Assessment Form after interviews.
- Maintain personnel files of national staff and HR roster files.
- Responsible for the role of Time-keeper in SAP system HR application; i.e., maintain and update overtime record/compensatory leave; maintain annual and sick leave records in a monthly basis of all staff and give report to supervisors as and when required.
- In coordination with HR team in Ankara and Program Managers, update the HR module of the IOM Turkey Data Portal relating to staff information and the related organizational chart.
- Assist in obtaining IOM ID cards and MSP cards for the staff in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- Prepare contracts for staff recruited on hourly or daily basis.
- Prepare Request for Payment for staff on hourly or daily contracts, interns and consultants in area of responsibility.
- Maintain and update staff database and assist in generating reports related to statistics of staff members.
- Arrange and organise interpreters and babysitters for selection missions held in Ankara.
- Ensure that HR policies and guidelines are communicated regularly.
- Provide informal translation as needed.
- Provide assistance in reviewing data in attendance monitoring system and draft messages.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
- Secondary Education is required.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team
- Fluency in English and Turkish is
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant Human Resources theories and practices, and recognizes their application within existing IOM processes
- Good English communication skills
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail, persistence and ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 05 June 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)