International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Psychologist according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children. (For more information www.ibc.org.tr)
- Support the Info Hub to develop coordinated, efficient and measurable protection for Syrian refugees
- Meet Syrian refugees at the IBC Info Hub to provide necessary guidance and orientation to enable them in benefiting their rights stipulated as per domestic and international legislative frameworks
- Identify psychosocial needs of beneficiaries and -if necessary- refer them to relevant services (internal or external).
- Conduct monthly base meetings with Protection Team to assess needs
- Supervise Counselor to conduct group sessions for mental health counselling and awareness sessions on psychosocial health
- Provide counseling and 1-1 case management, e.g. Psychological First Aid.
- Follow up beneficiaries (home visits, defaulter tracing etc.).
- Provide information to the target population on mental health and psychosocial issues to deal with possible mental health difficulties (e.g psycho-education).
- Conduct mapping of services on mental health and psychosocial support services provided by public and private aid actors in the region.
- Makes regular reports of work to the Info Hub Manager
- Supervise training sessions for volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology
- Educational background in social work understanding common mental disorders medical ethics psychosocial approaches
- Minimum 2 years of experience as clinical psychologist or counselor.
- Working experience in NGO’s in social and/or mental health services.
- Experience and skills working with people affected by violence.
- Able to work at individual care and community support levels.
- Good understanding of the target population and goals of the program.
- Proficient level both written and spoken of Arabic, English, Turkish is an asset
Position Place: Bursa-İstanbul(Esenyurt)
Job Duration: 11 Months with a possibility of extension, Full Time
Number of Recruitments: 2
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English, one page CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 August 2017. Please, make sure to put the Job Title in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview. The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)