International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Psycho-Social Worker according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children. (For more information www.ibc.org.tr)
Position: Psycho-Social Worker (PSW)
- Conduct group PSS activities with beneficiaries
- Conduct individual counseling session with beneficiaries
- Support the identification of beneficiaries requiring specialized MH intervention and coordinating with the PSS Team Leader
- Organize outreach activities and home visits on a structured basis
- Conduct group awareness raising sessions with men, women, and adolescents on gender-based violence (GBV)
- Propose new activities according to identified needs and suggest solutions for problems encountered with activities
- Receive referrals from different agencies and local actors and provide feedback of actions taken
- Do regular well-being check-ups with the patients
- Meet with nurses and doctors regularly to be updated on the physical conditions of the patients
- Bachelor/ Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field
- Fluent in Arabic, English/Turkish language skills are asset
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- At least 1 year experience in delivering PSS services in humanitarian settings
- Good interpersonal and intercultural communication skills (attentive listening, open attitude, empathy, respect, sensitivity, patience);
Position Place: Kilis
Job Duration: Full Time
Number of Recruitments: 2 / Preferably one female, one male
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English, one page CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2017. Please, make sure to put the Job Title in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered.
The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview.
The salary is based on IBC’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
- Sector Civil Society
- Language Level English (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)