International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, colour, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children. (For more information www.ibc.org.tr)
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for a Info Hub Manager according to following qualifications.
Position Place: Bursa
Job Duration: 7 months with a possibility of extension, Full Time
Number of Recruitments: 1
- Overall coordination of all community hub activities, and ensuring proper and consistent implementation of Info Hubs main aims; Knowledge and awareness of rights and basic services, Access to quality legal services, Mental Health Psychosocial Support and Individual Protection Assistance
- Assess the particular protection needs per neighbourhood level with MHPSS Team, Legal Team and Case Management Team
- Coordinate hub activities with local government authorities and institutions. Establish and maintain good relations with key government stakeholders.
- Coordinate and supervise the training of volunteers
- Coordinate and held Focus Group Discussions held at neighbourhood level to understand protection needs
- Seek community input on the type and timing of activities to be held at the community hubs.
- Ensure that community hubs provide and consistently maintain a safe environment for project participants and beneficiaries
- Monthly engagement with local authorities and update information on specific needs and dynamics about neighbourhood and household protection needs
- In coordination with the M&E team ensure smooth and effective registration processes for hub beneficiaries, with relevant data collection.
- In collaboration with the M&E-Accountability Officer, ensure that effective accountability and feedback mechanisms – comment boxes, hotlines, and feedback binders – are in use in all community hubs and neighbourhood spaces. Ensure that these mechanisms are well-publicized to beneficiaries.
- Weekly report of ongoing process, needs and assessments of Info Hub to Program Coordinator
- University degree in related field (e.g. social work, business administration, public administration)
- At least two years’ work experience in business or NGO administration, preferably experience managing community centers for refugee populations. Experience supervising a team required.
- At least one year of experience working in emergency, development or recovery program context required
- Strong organization skills. Demonstrated experience organizing community events and services across a range of technical sectors
- Ability to maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude while being a pro-active problem solver.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support local Syrian and Turkish partners. Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with Turkish government officials.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, tools, and methods.
- Demonstrated experience designing and facilitating trainings
- Experience in staff development preferred.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Ability to manage programming databases preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Turkish required. Arabic proficiency strongly preferred.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29.04.2018. Please, make sure to put the Job Title in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for interview. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
- Sector Civil Society