The MENTOR Initiative is looking to hire an IEC office whom will lead the implementation of the program’s information dissemination and communication strategy, in close collaboration with Migrant Health Centers (MHCs) and peers of MENTOR Initiative under the guidance of IEC coordinator. He/she will propose amendments to the communication strategy based on feedback provided by partners and contribute to the information needs assessment, working closely with consultants and team members to collect and analyze data in a participatory manner and identify methods and tools for information communication. In addition, he/she will pay field visits to conduct surveys, fill properly and completely monitoring or evaluation questionnaire forms, upload the results to online systems or similar programs and collaborate with other program team members to ensure that materials produced provide accurate and up to date information to the program’s audience. He/she will assist to design communication materials such as posters, brochures, videos, radio spots, etc. and ensure that all program communications materials adhere to MENTOR’s policy guidelines and oversee the work of the field campaign and providing regular feedback on the quality and content of daily program communications. Also he/she will ensure that other program teams and partners understand key messaging on information and are equipped to disseminate information accurately.
Mission and principal activities:
- Establish and maintain relationships with INGOs/NGOs, councils, public bodies etc., including disseminating social key facts of the programme, and coordinating the program’s visibility through partnerships.
- Interact with all program participants with respect and deference, treating their cases, feedback and information with the highest level of ethics and confidentiality.
- Develop annual, monthly, and weekly plans (work plan, etc.) accordingly regular feedback from fields
- Coaching/mentoring IEC field worker under guidance of IEC coordinator
- Supporting the implementation of the information campaigns by ensuring innovative and effective approaches.
- Collaborate with IEC Coordinator to design and develop thematic modules for awareness raising activities for target beneficiaries
- Prepare timely written briefing papers and notes in English, documenting work conducted, highlighting results achieved and challenges to overcome
- Submit weekly and monthly IEC/BCC reports to IEC/BCC Coordinator
- Ensure that timesheets are filled out correctly and submitted no later than the 30th of each month
- Ensure that bi-weekly reports are written out and submitted no later than the 15th of each month
- Assist coordinator in the completion of monthly projections and other requested documents
As the MENTOR Initiative is working in a constantly changing humanitarian aid environment, reasonable specific work duties may occasionally be requested that may not fit into the above job description, but which will help promote over all programs goals and aims. Includes the possibility of transfer to another similar post across MENTOR country programs within the period of this contract agreement.
- Preferable university degree in communication science, graphic, visual art, and social science or relevant fields.
- Experience in social field projects or aid for a national or international non-governmental organization is a plus.
- Experience using Adobe creative suite programme (Photoshop, premiere, illustrator) and Microsoft Office is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with peers
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Strong desire to help others and a commitment to MENTOR’s mission is required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and operate in a variety of office environments required.
- Knowledge of Kobo collect is a plus.
- Turkish ID Card or a valid work permit.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Turkish , Arabic is a plus.
- Good reporting skill in English is a plus.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Experience 1-3