Association for Solidarity with Asylum Seekers and Migrants (SGDD-ASAM) carries out activities for asylum-seekers in the fields of psycho-social support, counselling and education in its field offices. The Association is looking for fellow workers having the below qualifications to provide psychosocial support for the asylum-seekers:
Position Type: Fulltime
Duties and Job Description:
The psychologists, who will provide psychosocial counselling to the refugees, are expected to fulfil the following duties:
- Provision of psychological counselling for vulnerable groups (single women, women with children, unaccompanied children, victims of torture and ill-treatment, victims of sexual and gender based violence, LGBTI groups),
- Referrals to psychiatrist, when necessary,
- Filling in psychological assessment and incident reports,
- Assessment of the counselling needs of asylum-seekers and refugees by taking into consideration the social conditions they are faced and focusing on the needs of vulnerable groups,
- Preparation of files concerning the individual counselling services offered for asylum-seekers and refugees and conduct of the necessary follow-ups in an adequate manner,
- Identification of the needs of refugee communities and providing assistance for them; determination of the priorities and also providing assistance in meeting their needs through the development of self-help groups; organization of activities aiming for building self-confidence,
- Provision of support to asylum-seekers and refugees in improving their own circumstances and developing their skills by establishing relationships with the local authorities and groups,
- Conducting researches and evaluations in order to generate resources to assist asylum-seekers and refugees – particularly, medical care, education, etc.,
- Facilitation of coordination with the government institutions; provision of assistance to single-unaccompanied asylum-seekers and refugees by including the civil society actors to planning and implementation activities,
- Contributing to the preparation of project proposals on the basis of evaluations,
- Providing assistance in the preparation of reports and statistics in an adequate manner, when necessary,
- Submission of reports to the project coordinator on a regular basis.
- Graduates of the Psychology Departments,
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups,
- Good command of written and spoken English,
- High communication skills; speaks fluently and effectively,
- Excellent use of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint),
- Candidates should be living or willing to live in the specified province.
Please submit your CV by e-mail with “HCR-PSY-0917-PSİKOLOG-BALIKESİR” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for understanding that staff cannot respond to e-mail or telephone inquiries.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Interpreter
- Highest Degree Doctorate, Master, University