For this job the person is obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information about beneficiaries, personnel and the programme.
TERMS OF REFERENCES
Schedule: Daily Worker
Reports hierarchically: Project Coordinator
Functionally: Project Coordinator
With the aim of creating a pool of available Cultural Mediator, CA invites for submission of CVs for the following profiles:
- Cultural Mediator: Arabic
- Cultural Mediator: Farsi
- Cultural Mediator: Pashto
- Cultural Mediator: Kurdish
- Cultural Mediator: French
- Cultural Mediator: Swahili
- Cultural Mediator: Amharic
- Cultural Mediator: Urdu
- 1. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Works closely with all the team, to deliver complete and accurate translation and interpretation of a broad range of subjects.
- Facilitates communication between the beneficiaries and the professional engaged in the consultation using the most appropriate language.
- Facilitates communication through interpretation during reception, group activities and phone calls.
- Translate written texts including documents, short stories etc.
- Assists the team in understanding the cultural background of patients consulted.
- Assists the team with terminology related to the professional needs.
- Assists in translating training and IEC materials in given languages.
- Accompanies the patient to external services for referral, when required.
- Provides inputs and shares observation during case discussion with professionals when required
- Attends supervision and training sessions to reflect on their practises and develop capacity
- Education: University education (or equivalent), preferably in department of foreign language/ linguistics is an asset.
- Languages: Excellent language skills, both written and verbal is essential or
- Good command of Turkish and/or English both written and verbal is essential
- Ability to understand different dialects is an asset
Experience: Desirable working experience with specific vulnerable groups
Experience in working in team, preferably in non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
Experience in mental health projects as translators/interpreters is a distinctive asset
Skills & Competencies: Excellent communication, inter-personal and listening skills
Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
Ability to demonstrate a welcoming and emphatic attitude
Commitment to confidentiality and neutrality
Open-minded, adaptable, cooperative
Able to work under pressure in an emotionally challenging environment
Good organization skills
Flexible and open to different cultural, multi-ethnic and gender dynamics
Please, note the aim of the pool is to respond to any unexpected human resources needs that may arise at any time within CA activities. This is not an open vacancy, but invitation to be part of a pool of Cultural Mediators interested and available to work with CA in case of need.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Position Interpreter
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), English (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Kurdish (C2, Level 6, Advanced)