General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
As a part of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Department and reporting to the MIS Manager, the MIS Officer will support design and implementation of information systems intended to facilitate the flow of programme-related data for improved information management, reporting and progress tracking purposes.
Duties, objectives and competencies
Reporting, Analysis and Information Dissemination
- Ensure regular and consistent updating of programme beneficiary and assistance delivery via appropriate reporting software/platform
- Generate summary statistics, and rapid and initial analysis and findings from Programme databases, M&E datasets and/or other sources of data to support data requests from Programmes and Grants teams
- Verify beneficiary reporting figures for quarterly and final donor reports, ensuring that reported figures best match with sources of information
- Design maps using ArcGIS
Data Quality Control
- Carry out quality checks on Programme and MEAL-related databases (including beneficiary databases, delivery of assistance databases, complaints trackers and reporting figures) of GOAL and Partner organizations
- Record findings of discrepancies or issues in a data quality log, and coordinate with relevant teams to identify and carry out appropriate plan of action/follow-up
Coordination, Representation and Other
- Attend relevant meetings on information and data management
- Ensure back-up and organization of all data and information sources (hard copy, soft copy)
- Other tasks assigned by the line manager
REQUIREMENTS (PERSON SPECIFICATION)
- BA in mathematics, computer science or economics, MA preferred.
- Prior 1-2 year of relevant work experience
- Experience with IT, particularly database design and management
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications including programming, Microsoft Excel and Access
- Familiarity with digital data gathering platforms and software
- Flexible about working long hours
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), good writing skills in Arabic and English
To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Turkey.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET web application development
- Prior work experience in humanitarian organization
- Basic understanding of M&E principles, methodologies, data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Basic understanding of grant reporting for humanitarian donors
- Familiarity with CommCare and KoBo, digital data gathering platforms/software
- High proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click on the “apply for this job” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 7 February 2018.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)