The MENTOR Initiative is looking to hire two Medical Supervisors to ensure the quality of the case managements provided through MENTOR’s projects within Migrant Health Centers (MHCs) in Turkey with on-the-job trainings. He / She will participate actively in the training of health workers. He represents the organization directly at the MHCs level in his/her assigned locations. In addition, he/she will be required to assist in the design of IEC materials.
Mission and principal activities:
- Ensure that all MHCs staff comply with the procedures specified by MENTOR, WHO, and the Ministry of Health of Turkey (TR MoH) for proper patient case management, registration and case reporting.
- Conduct daily visits to MHCs within their assigned area and provide MHCs staff with assistance, where needed, with regards to disease diagnosis and treatment administration.
- Monitor all medical materials supplied by MENTOR in each health facility.
- Ensure all materials are stored and disposed properly.
- Ensure the correct use and maintenance of diagnostic and treatment equipment required for patient care.
- Provide the Medical Coordinator with any updates on material consumption and supply movement constraints
Data collection and interpretation:
- Collect daily case reports, pictures, and other relevant information from MHCS.
- Data should be disaggregated by sex and age; however, the Medical Supervisor should be ready to inform and guide MHCS staff in the event that additional information/disaggregation is required.
- Aid MHCS staff with any issues/concerns they have with reporting methods.
Human resources and training:
- Participate in a number of training sessions hosted by the MENTOR team in Turkey.
- Organize on-the-job training sessions for all MHCS staff within his/her assigned locations.
As the MENTOR Initiative is working in a constantly changing humanitarian aid environment, reasonable specific work duties may occasionally be requested that may not fit into the above job description, but which will help promote over all programs goals and aims. Includes the possibility of transfer to another similar post across MENTOR country programs within the period of this contract agreement.
- Medical background (doctor, Pharmacist, dentist, Lab tech).
- At least 1-year experience of providing medical training.
- Ability to use Office Package.
- Has clear communication skills and fluent in Arabic, Turkish.
- Practical, hands on approach.
- Excellent team worker and communications skills
- Ability to work long hours.
- Honest, conscientious and reliable.
- Work permit or Turkish ID card.
- Medical doctor, dermatologist.
- Has knowledge of parasitic and other vector borne diseases transmitted by sandflies, mosquitoes, rodents and dogs etc.
- Work experience in similar capacity with humanitarian organizations.
- Has experience of collaboration/coordination/liaison with local councils, national NGOs.
- English, Arabic speaker, Turkish is an asset .
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Employee
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 1-3