We are looking for full-time MENTAL HEALTH ACTIVITY MANAGER, who will work in the project “ Mental Health & Psycho-Social support project for refugees & migrants in Kilis”, implemented by Citizens Assembly (CA). The project is conducted under the framework of CA’s Refugee Advocacy & Support Program
Main Purpose of the position:
Implements and coordinates MHPSS related activities in the project (Mental Health & Physiotherapy Program); ensuring the proper implementation of protocols and the quality of care, analyzing data and writing reports, managing the staff involved in mental health related activities according to MSF protocols in order to provide the most appropriate support for patients.
- Identifies the need of MH support in the population within the scope of the project and participates in the setting up of a strategy accordingly.
- Participates in close collaboration with other team members in the definition, planning, organization and update of the mental health activities and its budgeting in order to ensure an efficient and effective use of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health activities.
- Ensures the implementation of all Mental Health standard protocols and methodologies and supervises their application by all professionals under his/her responsibility, in order to provide the most appropriate services
- Monitors and evaluates mental health support activities (defining indicators and follow up tools, collecting and analysing data, reporting regularly about mental health activities, etc.) in order to have reliable information about activities and adapt them accordingly and writes the necessary reports.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, detection of potential development needs and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Supervise and ensures that mental health activities are performed with regular follow-up and according to existing protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate service to respond to psychosocial problems, ensuring that mental health team is calm and neutral during sessions regardless of personal feelings and/or beliefs.
- Supervises the MHPSS team: (Psychologists and Community Health Workers).
- Evaluates training needs of the MHPSS staff and ensures the necessary training on regular basis.
- Participates in training and supervision of MHPSS staff.
- Evaluates MHPSS staff according to existing tools and regulations.
- Ensures that all MHPSS staff respects confidentiality rules.
Reviews and develops the technical material, tools, guidelines and documents elaborated for the mental health activities in order to develop appropriate support for patients.
- Ensures good communication with the other components of the project and participates in the multidisciplinary team meetings for case discussions.
- Organises and participates in meetings for MHPSS and other MSF staff in order to discuss technical or cultural aspects of MH.
- Shares problematic situations and cases with the PMR for help with decision making and problem resolution.
- Does a mapping and its regular update of the existing services, including other INGO’s, local NGO’s, community groups and governmental mental health services, etc. and maintain regular communication and collaboration according to objectives and context.
Education: Degree/master in Psychology
Experience: Essential: working experience of at least two years as a manager in Mental Health programs.
Desirable: working experience with INGOs/ NGOs
Languages: Turkish and English or Arabic and English are essential
Knowledge: Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
Essential knowledge of different psychotherapeutic techniques
Other: Team management skills
Flexibillity / Adaptability
Able to work in a multicultural team
Able to work in a stressful situation
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English, to
email@example.com, titled “MHAM” before 10th SEPTEMBER, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview and/or technical test.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 1-3
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)