International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
|Job Purpose Summary:||The Role of the MHPSS Manager is coordinating and providing supervision and training to pool of local partnering psychologist and protection team. The MHPSS Manager also will provide assistance to training and coordination for outreach workers, local partnering staff and IMC mental health protection team.|
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
|Training and Capacity Building:
· Ensure quality and pertinence of mental health activities in outreach and help the staff to identify key health/MH practices to be addressed
· Help the local organisation staff to plan and carry out appropriate activities such as identifying MHPSS concerns, detect, determine risk degrees, refer mid and high risk MH cases, and make intervention for low risk situations
· Review of technical material, tools and documents elaborated for the development of activities
· Provide technical supervision of clinical cases, group activities, psycho-education activities etc.
|Desired Expertise Knowledge||¨ Training and Coordination
¨ Supervision and Assessment Protocols
¨ Gender Issues and Sexual Violence
¨ Gender and Mental Health
¨ Child Protection
¨ Gender-Based Violence: Overview and Prevention Relating to Sexual Violence
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
· Degree in Psychology, preferably Masters level education in Psychology with a clinical approach
· Experience and knowledge of humanitarian settings and desired experience in a similar context (min 5 years relevant experience).
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, know personal and professional limits and make decisions independently
· Must be able to cover for other team members from time-time
· Good organization and team working skills
· Good communication skills
· Fluent in English (asset Arabic)
· Turkish National
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Language Level English (C2, Level 6, Advanced)