Vacancy Announcement VA17P046V01
National Project Manager
ICMPD Project “Support the Implementation of Development-sensitive Migration Policies in Turkey (SIDEM)”
Posting date: 09 August 2017
Deadline for applications: 4 September 2017
Duty station: Ankara, Turkey
Start date: September/October 2017
Contract duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Eligible nationalities: Citizens of Turkey
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position.
The “Support the Implementation of Development-sensitive Migration Policies in Turkey (SIDEM)” project’s aim is to contribute to the establishment of an integrated, long-term, development-sensitive and sustainable migration policy framework taking into account Turkey’s socio-economic and human development context.
Specifically, the main objectives of the project are to:
- Increase the institutional knowledge on the impact of migration on geographical regions and to formulate strategic policy directions;
- Increase the institutional capacities and inter-agency cooperation at central level to design and implement integrated, evidence-based and development-sensitive migration policies;
- Increase the institutional capacities and inter-agency cooperation at regional level to design and implement targeted programmes that promote the labour market integration of international migrants including those with protection status in Turkey;
The project is funded by Switzerland; the counterparts in Turkey are the Directorate General for Migration Policy Development (DGMM) and other relevant public institutions in Turkey.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator for Western Balkans and Turkey, the successful candidate will carry out the tasks outlined below:
Project management and administration
- Act as the main liaison with the DGMM and the other relevant institutions in Turkey, ICMPD HQ, the donor and the external experts involved in the project and guarantee that all project activities are in-line with the project objectives;
- Plan and lead the organisation of project activities (such as workshops, trainings, drafting of guidelines etc.) in order to ensure that activities are organised in timely, efficient and cost effective manner;
- Organise regular and ad-hoc project management and coordination meetings with DGMM and other involved stakeholders in Turkey;
- Ensure continuous progress of the project activities and respond to arising priorities within the objectives of the determined project;
- Regularly review project work plan and budget to track implementation and to ensure that the project is on schedule, reflect any adjustment or changes, or take corrective action as required;
- Supervise recruitment of national and international experts and guide their project related work;
- Liaise with the donor on regular basis, report to the relevant focal points on the status of the project implementation, eventual budget revisions and submit donor reports;
- Monitor and oversee that project inputs and administrative processes such as procurement and contracting are carried out promptly and in accordance with ICMPD rules and established processes/procedures;
- Keep the project archive and regularly update within ICMPD internal system;
- Ensure that project cycle management processes are implemented and duly documented in accordance with ICMPD’s Quality Management System;
- Identify opportunities, draft or provide input to the drafting of follow up projects or the formulation of new project concepts, proposals, work plans and budgets;
- Formulate lessons learnt and submit evaluation feedback to ICMPD HQ.
- Prepare concept papers for project activities to determine the objective and design the mode of implementation, draft agendas for the workshops and trainings in close coordination with the DGMM focal points, other relevant institutions in Turkey and the external experts;
- Review, comment upon and revise project outputs and ensure that they are produced according to the work plan;
- Compile and draft briefs, background papers, presentations, speeches;
- Provide backstopping to the DGMM and the other relevant institutions in Turkey in relation to project activities,
Coordination of project related communication
- Develop and draft project-related public relations materials such as write-ups and updates for website;
- Participate on behalf of ICMPD in conferences/meetings/seminars relevant for the project and area of work.
- University degree in political or social sciences, economics, development studies or related field
- Master’s or PhD degree will be considered as an asset
- Expertise on social and economic development will be considered as an asset
- A minimum of 7 years relevant project management experience
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge on migration trends and policies in Turkey;
- Knowledge on economic and social development policies as well as development plans and programmes in Turkey;
- Written and oral fluency in English and Turkish;
- Strong leadership and team building abilities, proven experience in team management;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent command of standard MS-office software (MS-Word, MS Excel, Outlook etc.)
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
This post is for local recruitment only.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on 7-8 September 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be informed on the specific dates and times for their interviews that will take place either in person and/or via telephone/Skype. Written exam might be a part of the recruitment process.
For enquiries and/or technical support, please contact ICMPD at email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be requested to provide a medical certificate attesting they are physically fit to perform the duties related to the post.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.
- Sector EU Experts / Project Team
- Position Project Manager