Knowledge / Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Preferred Masters of Business Administration, development, disaster management, NGO management, humanitarianism or related subject. Relevant experience may be considered.
General Work Experience:
5+ years of management experience in the humanitarian field with good leadership and supervisory skills to lead and motivate teams; coordinate group activities, ensuring that roles, policies and procedures within the team are clear. Has the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems in an effective manner. Patient and good communicator who can function in an organization employing a multi-national staff, and whose sites are geographically distributed in areas of the country hard to access or even with no access. Previous experience in a humanitarian setting is preferred, as well as experience implementing multi-sector programs in a field setting. Well understanding for the Syrian Context. Must have experience of managing office, teams and operations for large and diverse organization in a stressful environment. Experience of working through partner organisations will be viewed positively.
The operations manager oversees the support aspects of project implementation with focus on HR, fleet management, Safety & Security, IT, Media and field offices management. This involves close coordination with the Logistics, Programs, and Finance head of departments and ensuring awareness of and compliance with SR and donors’ policies and procedures in those departments.
The operations manager also plays a key role in external representation, legal compliance, and taking leadership in administrative and operations management priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise the programs support units: HR, fleet, Safety & Security, IT, and Media in Turkey.
- Manage all field offices and Field Office Managers, who will report directly to this position.
- Support field managers in all aspects of IT, administrative, human resource, media and safety/security management to ensure adherence to SR policies and procedures, donor requirements and country program strategy. This requires regular visits to field offices inside Syria.
- Hold regular meetings with Field staff to ensure information sharing, knowledge transfer and adequate planning are taking place.
- In coordination with the senior managers, support in developing and implementing policies, procedures and guidelines, as appropriate to enhance the smooth running of the programs.
- With the support of senior managers, work with the Field Office Managers to plan, build capacity and build a strong harmonized field system of work.
- Work in coordination with Senior Management in preparing short and long term operational and strategic plans for the organization.
- Represent SR at relevant meetings with government officials, contractors, other NGOs, etc., reporting back as applicable to staff, field managers and HQ.
- Responsibility for development and monitoring of defined sections of the operating budget with support from the finance department.
- Languages : Fluency in English and Arabic (reading, writing and communication) is essential
- Knowledge of Turkish language is an asset.
- Computing: Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of management tools such as MS Project is an asset.
- Excellent experience in Program and Project Management.
- Remote Management
- Strong time management
- Risk Management
- Good negotiation skills
- Being analytical with strong attention to details
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making
- People management Leadership and development of others
- To demonstrate and share humanitarian knowledge and skills particularly in operational planning and development
- To demonstrate leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- To deal with mobility to meet short-deadlines
- To challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- To look at situations from several points of view.
- To be persuasive with details and facts
- To implement good comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- To show commitment to social justice and the mission of Syria Relief as an organization
- To demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- To prioritize work tasks for himself as well as His\Her team
- To work extra time as needed
- To work in a challenging field setting
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a cover letter to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief to this Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job code “SR.TUR.ANT.OPM“in the subject line
Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected prior to the application deadline
- Sector Service
- Highest Degree Master, University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level English (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)