This post is advertised by HAND IN HAND FOR SYRIA as the Hosting Agency for the NGO FORUM.
Duration: 12 months with possible extension, commencing early June 2018 (subject to funding).
The NGO Forum was established as a voluntary body to work along with existing coordination mechanisms in Turkey and Syria to provide complementary responses to the Syria crisis. The NGO Forum is governed by a Steering Committee of elected members and a Secretariat, which supports the administrative, coordination and thematic functions.
Within the mandates of the NGO Forum, Partnership Platform was set up in order to provide technical and operational guidance on partnership related issues between humanitarian stakeholders to promote coherence of an effective humanitarian response through common minimum standards and capacity. The humanitarian stakeholders include INGOs, SNGOs, TNGOS, Red Crescent and Red Cross Societies, donors, and UN system members.
The Partnership Platform aims to build on the Principles of Partnership in order to enhance the effectiveness of the Turkey cross-border response, based on an ethical obligation and accountability to crisis-affected people in Syria.
The Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Be responsible for arranging and managing all monthly meetings, including sharing of meeting minutes and disseminating any information and materials (with consent of member organizations and respect for information sharing protocols defined by the Partnership Platform)
- Serve as key focal point for all Partnership members, liaising any concerns or suggestions to the Partnership Platform and the Forum Director.
- Consolidate minimum standards for harmonization of procedures and standards across the members.
- The development and the promotion of harmonized tools (such as Organizational Capacity Assessment – OCA – and Organizational Capacity Development – OCD)
- Develop, implement and evaluate a capacity development plan.
- Coordinate with potential capacity development supports providers (e.g. training institutions) on identified capacity gap areas to fill
- Ensure increased compliance with the humanitarian principals among the members through training and guidance
- The development and the promotion of a set of common minimum standards for organizational policies and procedures (such as financial, administrative and HR procedures)
- Support the NGO Forum Director and the Advocacy Coordination in advocacy efforts with provided evidences from the partnership working group and by analyzing the issues that challenge and limit the application of the Principles of Partnership
- Ensure information and analysis from clusters, working groups, ad hoc meetings, and other strategic meetings are fed back to the form director working group and the members.
- The collection, documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons learned about partnership
- Review new membership applications and requests to the Partnership Platform.
- Provide orientation sessions for new members to explain the meeting arrangements, and information sharing protocols…. ETC.
Qualifications & requirements:
Post-graduate degree in development, international relations, international law, or similar degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of Organizational Development or experience in the design and implementation of capacity-building or training required
- Extensive previous NGO experience in the humanitarian contexts
- Experience working in or local NGO/or in capacity building role for local NGOs highly preferred.
- Experience in an administrative role is preferred (i.e. Meeting Minutes, meeting arrangements…. Etc.)
- Knowledge of current partners working in Syrian humanitarian relief or development, and challenges of the current crisis
- Excellent English communications skills, both oral and written, Arabic strongly preferred. Turkish desired, but not required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently in a time-sensitive manner
- Extremely flexible and able to carry out all job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Creativity and the ability to work with multiple partners and with different mandates
- Excellent networking and people-skills, given the importance of building trust and stakeholder investment.
- High level of competence with MS office, particularly excel
How to apply:
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
send their CVs, with a covering letter detailing their experience and motivation, to email@example.com
by COB 29th May 2018. Please note in the subject line of your email “HIHFS-2018-029”. Telephone applications will not be accepted.
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Sector Civil Society