General Description of the Programme:
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide.
GOAL as an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has contributed to the migrant response with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey. Going forward the response will be focused alleviating the protection and livelihoods concerns of these communities.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idlib Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Overview of the role:
The main function of the role is to coordinate and manage GOAL’s Partnership function, in close coordination with GOAL & Partner SMT members, and Systems and Programme department staff. The Partnership Coordinator will be responsible for overall strategic oversight of GOAL Partners in areas of systems and programmes and ensure Partner activities meet defined objectives.
The role will provide leadership and direction in the design, delivery, and monitoring of GOAL partnership programmes in collaboration with the GOAL SMT; and will identify and assess Partner needs and define the nature of working relationship with partners. The position will assist partners to build on their existing operational and programmatic platforms and progress their institutional strengthening; it will ensure Partner subgrant administration is managed according to donor and GOAL requirements and ensure partner risk is identified and managed appropriately.
- Ensure strategic oversight and coordination is in place to manage GOAL Partner activities within Turkey & Syria.
- Provide leadership and direction in collaboration with Syria Response Director and SMT in the design, implementation, and delivery of GOAL Partnership programmes. Ensure alignment with GOAL country strategic plans.
- Monitor and support the development of strategies and work plans with GOAL and Partners that compliments overall organisational missions in Turkey & Syria, in close coordination with Technical Coordinators and senior staff.
- Work with Partnership Team and other GOAL staff to review and ensure Partner internal control environment systems are compliant with GOAL requirements and fit for purpose. Review Partner programme activities, effectiveness, and outcomes with GOAL Technical Coordinators.
- Review, design, and implement GOAL Partner risk mitigation strategies, and lead capacity building efforts for the Partner organisation to mitigate, prevent, and manage risk. Reinforce adherence to GOAL and donor policies and procedures, and donor rules and regulations, guidelines, etc.
- Identify and assess Partner needs, and ensure a collaborative, positive, and proactive progressive working relationships with Partners and INGO’s. Develop a clear vision and strategy for working with Partners and INGO’s.
- Ensure Organisational Capacity Assessments, financial assessment, programme assessments are conducted yearly for each Partner (and as required). Manage the development, delivery, and reporting of assessments. Ensure yearly Organisational Capacity Development plans are developed for each Partner, and coordination with common INGO funders is maintained and managed.
- Assess and identify capacity building needs and requirements for GOAL Partners. Design and deliver trainings, workshops, mentoring and coaching, online learnings, best practice resources and tools etc. to institutionally strengthen Partner organisations. Ensure training materials and support is developed and delivered in multiple languages.
- Ensure GOAL maintains documented analysis of Partner systems and programming review, analysis and performance. Ensure functional area assessment is delivered, and gap analysis identified. Instil processes to ensure improvement planning for Partners is designed and implemented within GOAL.
- Work with Compliance Coordinator, Assistant Finance Controller Partners, and Grants Manager to ensure GOAL, donor and other, compliance and reporting requirements are met on a timely basis by Partners. Ensure Partners adhere to compliance recommendations and move to strengthen gaps.
- Recommend and implement organisational re-design and business change improvements within Partners. Analyse business issues as part of a team and advise on development of new/updated operational practices and improvements.
- Promote a learning and development environment among GOAL, and Partner staff, and INGO collaborators; facilitate sharing of resources and tools along with knowledge and information.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained at all times between GOAL and Partner organisations, at all levels. Ensure open and transparent sharing of knowledge and information is progressed and maintained.
- Build, promote, and maintain, positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders within GOAL, Partners, and INGO’s. Work closely with GOAL HQ staff, and ensure Partner related documentation is uploaded to SharePoint. Develop, maintain, and monitor GOAL Partnership systems and programme work plans.
- Represent GOAL at the Partnership Platform and other relevant forums.
- Any other duties as required.
Requirements (Person Specification):
- Degree (Masters preferred) in Business Administration, International Development, or relevant field.
- Minimum 5-8 years management experience in humanitarian, development or NGO sectors; at a country management level.
- Experience managing sub-awards and of working with downstream Partners (sub-recipients).
- Proven experience in remote management; including leading and managing remote teams.
- Strong team leadership and communication skills; including developing, motivating, and problem-solving in remote teams.
- Knowledge of NGO donors (USAID, ECHO, DFID, EU, etc.) and knowledge of Syria Crisis Response.
- Highly developed, analytical, and relationship management skills, with excellent time management aptitudes, and the ability to prioritise work when under pressure. Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly.
- Flexible, organised, and creative with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions; including interpersonal sensitivity and effective judgement.
- Excellent English language skills; Turkish & Arabic language an advantage.
- Turkish Citizenship
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button.
Applications close 31 March 2018.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these and other relevant GOAL policies.
Any job offer made is also subject to background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
- Sector Civil Society
- Level Manager
- Highest Degree University
- Experience 4-9
- Language Level Turkish (C2, Level 6, Advanced), English (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arabic (C2, Level 6, Advanced)